“Top rate service, very good restaurant and great beds.” 5 of 5 bubbles

The Scott Resort & Spa
Ranked #28 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
GreenLeadersSilver level
Northern Virginia
“Top rate service, very good restaurant and great beds.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

First, I am a huevos rancheros snob, only roasted red pepper ranchero sauce makes it right. The chef here has got it down. Even the crunchy tostados were a new twist but excellent. Great french toast as well. Yummy. Kimpton has its service standards down pat. This hotel goes out of its way to take care of its guests. The pool area is really nice, two pools, one with sand beach for the kids. A real charming hotel with wonderful beds. Older renovated building with gorgeous mature landscaping. Kimpton has hit a perfect niche and they perform excellently in that niche. If they could just get rid of the smoking in the courtyard firepit area, then everybody could enjoy that. Also smoking on the balconies makes them another impossible place to enjoy for non-smokers. The whole property should be smoke free - like Marriott has very successfully pulled off - especially in Arizona where being outside is the whole point. And crackling fires in the cooler mornings would be a real plus - big open air lobby makes it pretty chilly -- and morning coffee with a good book and newspaper deserves a warm cozy environment. Of course when summer comes, that breezy lobby is perfect. Nice truly hot hot tub. So many hotels these days skimp on the heat so bravo.

• Stayed April 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (527)
Norwalk, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

Loved Firesky! Proved to be the perfect combination of fun and cool for the kids (ages 11 and 7) but still luxe enough for the adults! Pools were great...nice sizes so easy to keep an eye on everyone. Lots of good nooks and crannies to pull up a chair or a chaise. Firepits and water everywhere. Beautifully and interestingly appointed lobby...has a more glam feel but still in an earthy way! My husband totally wants one of the glowing plexi deer heads for his office, lol. Service was attentive, rooms were spotlessly clean and decorated very nicely, a la Kimpton interiors. Beds were cushy and the room was surprisingly spacious, same going for the balcony with the lovely Adirondack chairs and little table. Great location in Scottsdale. Would stay again in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: Definitely request a second floor room overlooking the pool. If not, you'll be facing parking lo...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Gunnison Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2012

This property is in the perfect location with wonderful water and fire features. The rooms are very clean and comfortable. It is an older property so it is far from sound proof. I would recommend a second floor room so you don't have people walking on your head all night!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2012

Oh how I wish I could write a better review. I am being generous with the 4 stars - really I want to do a 3 1/2. We have stayed at FireSky approximately once a year for 5 years, typically around spring break. We know going in that it is a busy time to go and are mostly prepared to deal with it. This year, as usual, we booked a ground floor room for easy access to the pool. For the first time we were confronted with extremely loud people above us. We expect a little noise around "going to bed time" and consider it the trade off for the bottom floor. This year, however, the people above us came "home" around 11:00 (well after we were already asleep). Okay, I can deal with half an hour of footsteps while people get ready for bed. By 1:00 a.m. I had had it with the nonstop tromping back and forth. My husband and I stared at the ceiling wondering if it would ever end for TWO HOURS. I finally called the front desk begging for help around 1. To their credit they said they would send security right over to talk to them and within 15 or 20 minutes I was sound asleep so it must have worked. Unfortunately the same people were up by 6:15 a.m. going about the same routine so we got very little sleep. Perhaps that fed into our grouchiness at the pool the next day? On to my second issue - the pool. We spent our time at the "lagoon" because we have an 8 year old and 5 year old and feel out of respect to those traveling kid free that is where we should hang. My hang up is that because it is a small pool and parents can see most of it from the loungers that a majority of them seem to view that as a license to let their kids go unsupervised. I was absolutely horrified by some of the behavior we witnessed. Either the parents weren't nearby at all or they were plugged into their ipods/ipads and choosing to check out from parenting duties. Yes, I am talking to you if you were there the first week of April. My husband and I primarily use the tag team approach. One of us is in the water with our kids at almost all times. We monitor their behavior, make sure they don't drown or get injured, ensure they don't splash the adults, don't scream/shout, or otherwise get too rowdy. Shocking I know that we would expect our kids to behave in public. We saw several young boys (7 years old or so) climbing up the side of the pool, grabbing on to the side of the bridge and jumping down into the 3 1/5 feet deep water. No parent ever bothered to tell them that was a bad idea. We saw kids climbing onto the concrete waterfall to jump from there. My husband was hit in the head three times by kids using the whole length of the pool to play catch. These are not kid problem behaviors - all normal things for kids to try/do - these are lame parent problem behaviors. Yes, you are on vacation, but you brought your kids. Deal with it. I have had a lot of great trips to FireSky, but I think we are done. The staff are friendly, the room size is fine, the food is good. While I don't expect we will be back, if we did go back I would recommend against the bottom floor - I don't think the convenience is worth it if you end up with noisy neighbors. That really, really, REALLY negatively impacted our stay. The s'mores are fun. The grounds are beautiful. I just wish it had been better. Sad face!

Room Tip: First floor is convenient for the pools, but noisy from the rooms above.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Not2Girly
Tulsa, Oklahoma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2012

My husband and I along with our two teenage boys stated here over spring break. This was last a last minute choice for us as it was our only day in Scottsdale before flying home. We got into town late and due to Spring Training found it difficult to find a decent hotel. We paid a little more than I think we should have..over $300 for a double room, but I think that was Spring Training prices and there wasn't much else to choose from. It is a very nice hotel..especially the pool area where they had an outdoor bar set up with a tasty cool drinks. We only got to enjoy the pool for about an hour before the sun starting going down but it was very lively and I'm sure it stays packed. Best part was an actual sandy beach entry at one end of the pool. NICE. The rooms were just ok, no real complaints..some very fun amenities and perks including live Gold fish in the room for the kids and you can roast marshmallow in the outdoor gathering area between the pool and the hotel..lots of fun seating out there. We ordered food and ate it out side...we had some sliders, wings and pizzas, all were terrific. The bartenders and servers were great. This is a great place to stay, not pretentious like I think some of the resorts in Scottsdale are. Here is the part about honesty....my son left his "Dr. Dre Beats" in the room after we checked out. We realized this as we were checking in for our flight. I called the hotel and spoke to a girl at the front desk who had someone go check the room. They found them and mailed them to us that day. Somehow, it never fails that we forget something somewhere when we go on vacation and sometimes the items never make it back to us. It was nice that they just boxed them up and mailed them..no problem,

I'd really like to stay here again because of the pool and the atmosphere. I can get over the rooms being somewhat small and somewhat dated...we weren't in our rooms much anyway.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family