“Great stay for extensive amount of time”

Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Chandler
Ranked #99 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Reviewed 3 May 2017

I have stayed here for some time now. Everyone is always pleasant. There is a young lady who is fairly new, but she takes the time to get to know the name of guests, and greets each by name. I have never had a single issue since I've been staying here. The rooms are nice, comfortable and quiet. The staff is always available, and willing to assist. I have nothing but good things to say regarding this hotel. The only thing I could ask for is a more consistent rate for individuals staying for longer periods of time. Other than that, it's been a fantastic stay, and I appreciate each staff member who has helped make this a great stay.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
00esa, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Chandler, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2017

Courtney, thank you for posting your kind review of Extended Stay America - Phoenix – Chandler. It’s a pleasure to know you are having a pleasant stay here. We appreciate your wonderful comments recognizing the service provided by our staff. For any further assistance please contact our Front Desk, they’ll be happy to help you and have a great day.

There are newer reviews for Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Chandler

Reviewed 9 January 2017 via mobile

Rooms were ok although carpet a bit smelly. There was no hair dryers available. Mattress very firm. No workout equipment had to go to other hotel. Staff were friendly.
It was very noisy all around me. No sleep
Would not go back

Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Chandler, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2017

Your review was recently brought to our attention, and we would like to take a moment to respond. We apologize that there was not a hair dryer in the room, as they are upon request, and the carpet did not have a pleasant smell. To uphold our company's high standards, we will ensure all guests are informed of what amenities are available upon request moving forward and that our housekeeping staff are making sure to double check rooms. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at chn@extendedstay.com.

Reviewed 2 January 2017

Understaffed,one person at check-in, one housekeeping, as you checked-in the front desk person ran to help housekeeping clean your room and then return, poor room quality, 2 hour delay for room cleaning with waiting line at check-in, pet friendly with no disposal cans, had to move rooms,

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple

Thank you for providing us with details about your stay. Please accept our most sincere apologies for being understaffed, the poor room quality and a check in delay. We can assure you that we are in the process of hiring more associates to help us provide exceptional service to all of our ESA guests. The staff and I appreciate your comments, as it will only help us to improve. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at chn@extendedstay.com. We do hope you will choose to stay with us again so we can have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience.

Reviewed 1 January 2017

In comparison with other affordable hotels, this hotel is lacking. The only positives I can say is that some of the staff members are friendly and helpful, and it was quiet for the five nights I was there thanks to a young lady who took me around and showed me several rooms before I chose #302. It's also cheaper than most hotels if you stay longer and don't get daily housekeeping. I had a promo at 25 percent off which was nice.

Other than that, I have to list the cons:
-TV channel selection is very minimal in comparison to other hotels, and there was no TV guide on any channels. The screen resolution was distorted and sometimes wavy.
-Tables and kitchen seemed a bit dirty, so I wiped down myself before unpacking.
-Heater set off smoke detector because they said heater hadn't been used in awhile.
-Windows were filthy inside and out, difficult to open, and falling out of their frames.
-Water in both laundry and shower never got really hot.
-Funny smell in a lot of the rooms because of cooking and abundance of pets.
-Allergic reaction to previous pet because hotel fails to set aside some room as non-pet rooms for 10-15 percent of the US population that is allergic to animals.
-Breakfast was very minimal - if you drink decaf they have Sanka in a packet.
-Compared to other hotels bed was just so-so in comfort, and the curtains really need to be updated.
-No fitness center or other amenities - hotel should convert a room or two into a fitness center which is standard nowadays.
-Some of the clientele seemed sketchy - police were at the premises one night because someone had left their child alone all day.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. We are disappointed to hear that you did not have an enjoyable stay with us due to multiple issues. Our team is committed to satisfying our guests, so we are very thankful for your feedback. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.

Reviewed 17 September 2016

I had to find a place fast, they had a very cozy room with a kitchenette which was an additional nice add on. Walking distance to food, shopping and anything else you could imagine. Convenient to I-10 access. Staff very helpful and friendly. I had to add 1 day to my stay and it was quick and easy. Clean rooms and comfortable bed.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Phoenix
Ahwatukee Foothills
La Quinta Inn & Suites Phoenix Chandler
Courtyard Phoenix Chandler
#12 of 33 in Chandler
Chandler Southgate Hotel
#13 of 33 in Chandler

Been to Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Chandler? Share your experiences!