All reviews whole foods nordstrom rack trader joes great location la fitness front desk within walking distance great shopping and restaurants starbucks coffee biltmore fashion park nice courtyard multiple restaurants room layout outdoor mall hotel is located pool and hot tub staff was very friendly and helpful
Reviewed 11 August 2017

The best place about this hotel is its location. It is walking distance from an LA Fitness, many restaurants and coffee shops, and a Fry's is less than a 3 minute drive. The room was spacious and modern. The carpet was well kept and there was a mini fridge in the room. The bed was comfortable though I will admit that I did question whether the sheets had been changed (did not smell fresh). The bathroom was spacious with sink outside of the bathroom. The A/C in the room worked okay but at times it seemed to take a minute to get to the temperature set. The pool area was well maintained. The staff was very friendly and helpful. There is an eatery in the lobby that serves meals for purchase (breakfast is not included in the stay). Overall, it was a great stay and I would recommend it.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Ricardo D, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Phoenix Camelback, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2017

We are pleased to have earned your confidence as the best hotel choice when traveling to central Phoenix. Our location brings many guests back over and over. We are happy you had a comfortable stay and thank you for your review.

Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

Front desk woman was sort of new and friendly but other woman just stared when I I went to check in. Not particularly friendly at all, not rude but just not really friendly welcoming place. Over all the rooms are definitely older Marriott tile the bathroom and toilet are just really weird it's like somebody thought to put them in there after they made the rooms. The location is definitely the key to this place and it's good for one night but two nights I'd start to be really a bit annoyed at the layout. There are white markings all over the floor in my room which I don't even want to think of what that is, toothpaste maybe? Anyway I won't be back. Love Marriott but like many others this one put a lot of money into the lobby and held back the cash for the rooms.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Ricardo D, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Phoenix Camelback, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2017

Thank you for sharing your experience and for the feedback so we can provide ongoing training and development to our team. Our next redecoration in our guest rooms will be within this next year which will allow us the opportunity to bring a new level of comfort to our guests. Until then we will strive to provide a clean and comfortable environemnt conveniently located in the center of Phoenix.

Reviewed 10 July 2017

This Cortyard has little to recommend it except location near shopping.Room layout is clunky.Person at reception when I checked in was involved in personal conversation and check in was below standards of Marriott. Wish I had booked all my stay at the N black Canyon location.Big difference in total experience.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Ricardo D, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Phoenix Camelback, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2017

Thank you for your feedback so we can make immediate improvements in our custermer interactions. We are pleased another Marriott location has proven to be the hotel you prefer. I apologize for falling short of our goal to provide a memorable experience.

Reviewed 24 June 2017

This Courtyard is the most welcoming one I have visited lately. The Staff was excellent and I felt we were Family. This was refreshing. The Facility was clean, and my room seemed updated. The location had great shopping and restaurants very close by, all walking distance,. I will use this location for my next visit to Phoenix .

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Ricardo D, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Phoenix Camelback, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2017

Thank you for sharing your memorable experience with other travelers. We are pleased both our team and hotel have earned your confidence as the best place to stay when visiting Phoenix. That is the best compliment we can receive.

Reviewed 22 June 2017 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights last month. The high rating made us book this hotel but it was pretty disappointing. The customer service was poor and the rooms' layout was awkward. We were first given a very dark and depressing room with a view on the covered parking lot. We nicely asked for a better room and were promised a bright room with balcony over the courtyard. We ended up with a slightly better room with no balcony, same very awkward layout (the tv doesn't face you while in bed) and on the very very end of the courtyard.
Breakfast is not free and there is no room dedicated to it like in other chain hotels. There is only a bar in the lobby where you can buy some food like at Starbucks.
The courtyard has a pool... Pretty small and it didn't look too clean either. It's packed with couples with kids during the day and people with drinks during the evening.
The only positive was its location: proximity to a few shops, restaurants, Whole Foods and the Camelback area is pretty, no matter if you like to hike or not.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Ricardo D, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Phoenix Camelback, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2017

Thank you for your review and the wake up call for our team. Our Bistro concept has been very popular with our guests, especially with Starbucks beverages. The patio is a peaceful place to enjoy your down time with a great beverage. We hope you see improvements for your next visit.