My family (wife and 3 small children) were connecting through Phoenix to Philadelphia when our flight was delayed causing us to miss our next connecting flight. Rather than search for a hotel in Philadelphia at night we chose to do so in Phoenix in the early afternoon. US Airways provided a telephone number to their supplier for "distressed guests" and we were offered a number of choices ie Fiesta Inn Resort, Comfort Inn, Sheraton Airport etc as well as Drury Inn....I was aware of the Drury chain of hotels (based out of St Louis) but did not know the chain had a Phoenix property(ies). I quickly searched the hotel using Tripadvisor and chose it not knowing exactly what my family could expect but hoping for the best under the circumstances. I wanted a hotel near the ariport for the following day's flight as well as being safe and having useful amenities ie breakfast, free airport shuttle, business center and free wifi. You also are entitled to a complimentary evening "KICK BACK" that includes apetizers, snacks and drinks that could easily be your dinner as well as all the popcorn you can eat together with 24 access to comp beverages.
We booked the hotel with the supplier at the airport and proceeded to the transportation area where we called the hotel and requested a pickup. The shuttle arrived within 10-15 minutes and we were greeted by the very friendly driver and assisted with our luggage. The driver very kindly offered cooled bottle water to my children (temperature was approximately 100 F that day) and returned us to the hotel. The shuttle was efficient and clean and the driver friendly and knowledgable. The hotel is architecturally interesting from the exterior and interior and is currently undergoing renovations by its new owners
that include what appears to be a complete makeover including updated elevators and lobby and breakfast/bar area.
Check in by the assistant manager was efficient and very friendly. We were advised of all available amenities and headed to our room with the assistance of a hotel employee as our children were quite tired at that point given their lenghty trip. The room was very pleasand and clean offering 2 queen sized beds, a desk area with chair, a second chair, a crt tv, 2 phones, fridge and microwave together with 2 alcove areas, one beside the beds and one beside the separate washroom area where there was complimentary coffee and glasses.
The staff were VERY helpful and courteous and I cannot say enough good things about them. For example, we forgot our daughter's blanket in the room and realized that while in the air to Philadelphia. A phone call to my brother who contacted the hotel and arrangements were made to send it to him to pass on to us eventually.
As I am involved myself in the hotel business I understand how difficult it it to operate a property while doing renovations. I suspect that this airport hotel location will do very well once the renovations are completed and word gets out that you receive great value for your travelling dollar with all included amenities that others have referred also. Well done Drury Inn staff. Your hospitality (that is why it is called the hospitality industry) was appreciated and made our travel difficulties somewhat easier to deal with. Thank you Ron
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Drury Inn & Suites Phoenix Airport is conveniently located off I-10 by Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport. A free, 24-hour airport shuttle is available. This hotel is centrally located between downtown Phoenix and Tempe, near Arizona State University. Enjoy free hot breakfast and free hot food and cold beverages every evening at our 5:30 Kickback(R). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia APAC, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Drury Inn & Suites Phoenix Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Drury Inn And Suites Phoenix Airport
- Drury Inn & Suites Phoenix Airport Hotel Phoenix
- Radisson Phoenix Airport Hotel
- Phoenix Radisson
- Drury Inn & Suites Phoenix Airport Arizona