I was impressed by the design and trendiness of the Renaissance. The atmosphere was lively and the hotel was nice. The rooms were big with huge bathrooms. However I had a few more than few problems that I would not expect when staying at a Marriott. If it wasn't for outstanding customer service I would have rated this stay a 2.
The following things led to a poor experience:
No hot water one morning.
Three days (of seven) my room wasn't cleaned - around 4 or 5 PM I called to inquire and they were very responsivenss to sending housekeeping, but I'm not sure why it wasn't done.
Bar service is very slow - the bartenders were nice however you often had to wait a long time for drinks/food. It wasn't really their fault, they were understaffed and it showed during busy times and happy hour.
Valet - HUGE problem. Took at least 15-20 minutes to get my car, on one occasion they 'accidently' parked me in behind a bunch of cars parked for an event and I had to wait almost 45 minutes.
The concierge lounge was subpar and needs improvement.
In saying all of this, my stay was turned around by great customer service. I called management to speak about the problems and Andrea was terrific. She listened to my concerns, apologized, and followed up so things could be improved. The experience had not met my expectations of staying at a Marriott, however Andrea restored my trust in Marriott's commitment to great customer service.
Additionally, Amanda at the front desk was so friendly and helpful. The concierage was a bit rude when I inquired about something, but I spoke with Amanda and she was able to provide a much better solution. She was cheerful and always willing to help.
Hotel staff often make or break your experience, and Amanda's great attitude and friendliness along with Andrea's handling of problems are the reasons that this stay was turned into a positive one. I would happily choose this hotel again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy an artful and memorable urban retreat when you book a stay at Renaissance Phoenix Downtown Hotel. We offer easy access to some of the city's finest attractions, including the Talking Stick Resort Arena (home of the Phoenix Suns), Chase Field (home of the Arizona Diamondbacks), Phoenix Zoo, Orpheum Theatre and Heard Museum. Plus, Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport (PHX) is just 4 miles from our front doors. Guest rooms at Renaissance Phoenix Downtown Hotel feature stylish decor, luxurious bedding, LCD TVs, premium bath amenities and spectacular cityscape views. Enjoy fine dining at our celebrated restaurants, and stay in shape at our state-of-the-art fitness center and heated rooftop pool. Discover style and comfort at Renaissance Phoenix Downtown Hotel. Please note that valet parking for the hotel costs $32 per night. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with lastminute.com.au, Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia APAC, Hotels.com, Wotif.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Renaissance Phoenix Downtown Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Phoenix Downtown Hotel Phoenix
- Wyndham Phoenix
- Phoenix Wyndham
- Renaissance Phoenix Downtown Hotel Arizona