1,460 results
All reviews gallo blanco rooftop bar free snacks front desk pool area tacos breakfast vouchers wine hour central phoenix on site restaurant great pool stay cation light rail hot tub happy hour hip tranquilo
Reviewed 10 October 2017 via mobile

I love everything about this hotel. First of all the customer service is phenomenal. The location is great. No issue with parking. The Art Deco theme is amazing. It is smaller and private so that's keeps the crowd small. I love the sky deck, pool area, and room decor. I've been to this place several times. Their birthday club package is unbeatable. They may you feel welcomed and wanted. It's the town's best kept secret.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

My sister and I drove to Phoenix to fly home after hiking the Grand Canyon. We were tired and sore upon arrival. The person who checked us in gave us a bag of complimentary snacks and quickly got us into our gorgeous room. We love this hotel. From the hot tub to the decor, the rooftop bar and the tranquilo restaurant on site. It was all perfect. I wish we could have stayed longer than 1 night. If I return to Phoenix I will be staying there again for sure.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 September 2017

Fun vibe, good music, clean rooms, great pool, awesome food and KELSEY at the front desk is a doll. Hooked me up and came to my rescue when I needed to get away and needed a room to keep it together. She is smart and friendly and super fast. Thanks Kelsey!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 September 2017

I do not recommend this hotel, I felt deceived by the description and enhanced photos of being a first class highly luxury rated boutique hotel only to find it was the complete opposite. The rooms were sparse and uninviting with an old motel feel.

The rooms had inadequate ventilation and the light fixtures, fridge, remote (AC and TV) were non functioning, the entire property is in serious need of renovation.

The location was isolated next to apartments with limited parking and the resort and parking fees are unjustified especially for this type property with such limited amenities.

Stayed: December 2016
1  Thank UStravelPro
Ben B, Owner at The Clarendon Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2017

Hello, and thank you for your review. I would have appreciated being contacted as soon as you were unhappy with your accommodations. As the highest rated boutique hotel property in the 5th largest city in the United States, and the hotel with the highest demand in Phoenix (we hold the highest year-round occupancy rates), we pride ourselves on being a great experience.

We are almost done spending $2MM on improving the hotel - we have new flooring from Flor in all guest rooms, which is about 6x as expensive as what most hotels put into their rooms... it's antibacterial, antimicrobial, doesn't have 'hidden padding' where other hotels would normally have human/pet urine, blood, wine, and other 'unmentionables' sitting dried out in the padding, being released in little plumes of microscopic dust with every step you take, being breathed into your lungs. We have beds from Tuft and Needle - the highest rated beds in the world currently. We use the same exact linens as 4 and 5 diamond resort properties - in fact, we often get their linens and they often get ours when the linen company makes mistakes. Not sure I understand the ventilation issues, as we have a minisplit system with a three stage filter including plasma air filtration and an ozone generator you can turn on/off, and our bathroom fans are about 6 times stronger than required by code, but we splurged for ultra-quiet fans - perhaps there's the perception that they're not stronger because they're quieter? If the TV and A/C remotes were non-functioning, that's completely and totally unacceptable, but after I read the shift log report of your complaints, I personally inspected your room with my Director of Operations, Maintenance Manager, Housekeeping Manager, and Rooms Inspector and everything was working. For our parking fees, they're the lowest of any hotel along the Central Avenue corridor, and the daily fee does include breakfast for two, made-to-order, farm-to-table (not just freezer-burned items from a bag that the housekeepers make each morning like at a lot of chains, in fact we don't even have a freezer!), as well as 100mbps Internet (fastest in the area by far!), in-room Keurig machines (with lots of extra sugar and lots of liquid vanilla/hazelnut creamers - don't you just hate hotels that give you awful coffee and just one packet of sugar and powdered creamer, what is this, Fight Club?), unlimited minibar items, snacks, drinks, etc... and even a complimentary cocktail each evening (instead of a 'wine hour' that most hotels time so that most guests cannot take advantage of it, on purpose). Regarding location, yes, we're next to apartments just like the Valley Ho in Scottsdale, with the only difference being that we're not on a busy street, or on a rail line with constant train noise, or in downtown Phoenix where you walk out the door and are instantly bothered by homeless people and meth-heads. Our neighborhood is the hottest neighborhood around, with a lot of people wanting to live here, visit here, and stay here... Midtown is where it's at these days. We also have one of the highest rated Mexican restaurants in the metro region, an area of nearly 5 million people... and feedback on the food from everyone, especially the Latino community, is very good. And finally, no other hotel in Phoenix has a rooftop bar... we're the only one. So if you want to watch the sunset while enjoying some live music, your complimentary cocktail, and 100mbps internet, this is the place! We know we're not perfect - we are an older building, but we try to make up for it in service and experience! PS: I see that your username is USTravelPro... if such a Pro, you should perhaps adjust expectations, as a 'pro' shouldn't have such a high ratio of 1-star travel experiences as you do on your profile - perhaps open up a bit, understand that life is about experiences and finding the joy in all that you can.... and if you're not joyful, contact us immediately... I've been known to personally send dissatisfied guests to another hotel in a Tesla, driven by me, to ensure that they're somewhere where they'll be happy... there's absolutely no point in wallowing in misery if you're having a 1-star experience anywhere. If it's a 1-star experience, stop the experience, get off the ride, put the fork down in a restaurant, get out of the cab/uber, don't use that airline again, leave the museum, walk out of the movie, and in this case, check out of the hotel and don't stay another minute.... life is too short to have to put up with anything that's a 1-star experience, am I right?!

Ben Bethel
Owner and General Manager
The Clarendon Hotel and Spa

Reviewed 26 September 2017

I had a 4 day conference at the medical center which was within walking distance. $13 Lyft ride from Airport to hotel. Hotel reservations were made on line for the best price, very accommodating. I decided upon the King Suite since I was planning on having a guest one evening. The room had an exterior door entrance which i prefer, decor was funky/modern despite the hotel being older. Front desk was pleasant and helpful, refrigerator in room didn't work and when i notified them, a new one was brought to the room and set up. Linens were clean, pillow top was lovely. Pool was large enough to enjoy even with other guests in the pool and the pool deck accomodations were comfortable providing both sunbathing and shade opportunities. Don't plan on the fitness center being anything worth using, take the time to run to Indian School park instead. Rooftop bar had an excellent view at night and the restaurant was delicious even for GF options. Breakfast included was a full breakfast menu, not a typical grab and go or buffet. Free drink each night and free water bottles and snacks at the desk. Although music plays at the pool 10-10, at 10pm the pool is shut down and quiet. I would definately return!

Room Tip: i was in the older part of the hotel which seemed to have more privacy
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business