1,468 results
All reviews rooftop bar free snacks cafe tranquilo front desk candy bars pool area tacos hip hotel breakfast vouchers junior suite wine hour central phoenix on site restaurant great pool stay cation covered parking bottled water
Reviewed 22 April 2016

Friendly staff, great location, amazing roof top view! Recommend to try their Tranquilo Restaurant great food. Pool is heated and they have cabanas for rent if you like a little more privacy which was great.

Date of stay: February 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 April 2016

Rumored to be an old Russian Mob Hotel! How fun is that?? But be sure not to get the basic rooms with a common hallway- this place was built in concrete and people going in/out of rooms will let doors slam at all hours of the night... the sound of a dumpster being dropped will carry all the way down the hall into your room. IF you get a suite facing the pool- no such worry. Don't plan on fantastic internet- concrete building. Fun design, economical price, great pool, great rooftop patio (seating poorly laid out- owner decided to put his own idea into action, to obvious bad results... looks like a 5th grader designed it). The eatery downstairs is very good, the front desk help always polite and gracious, and the giant rosemary bush in front greatly missed- along with the whimsical 50's colors that hopefully still adorn the pool mosaic after the facelift. Semi covered parking helps with sun on the car. Decent sized park lot. I did enjoy my stays here mostly because of the building/ interior design style, but haven't been for some time. Will stop by for a drink next trip to AZ!

Room tip: Anything with no common hallway. Avoid North wing- early AM workers very noisy below
Date of stay: June 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 18 April 2016

Helen and her son stayed at the Clarendon Hotel and Spa. During that visit we met Kay who was the Reservation/check in Manager. We were treated like Royalty; Helen had told Kay the reason for their visit and Kay made sure that we had a nice room. The hotel is in Midtown Phoenix and is absolutely beautiful. I''m told the owner had bought the property which was in great disrepair and created this beautiful Hotel and spa with a wonderful restaurant. The food was fantastic and while eating there one evening, Nicole who was the manager came over and sat with us and visited for 20 minutes or so. My son and I would high recommend it. The food was fantastic with everything made from scratch; had a margarita one night and it was awesome. We sal young business people and older people. To Nicole and Kay, our Kudos!!!!

Room tip: If you;re traveling solo, the smaller rooms are great; however, if you're traveling with 1 or More I would encourage the suite rooms!
Date of stay: April 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Michael P, Guest Relations Manager at The Clarendon Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2016

Thank you for this awesome review of The Clarendon Hotel & Spa. I am thrilled to know your experience with us was great one! Customer service is our top priority to ensure that all our guest feel welcomed and are satisfied with their stay. On behalf of everyone here at The Clarendon Hotel & Spa I would like to thank you again. We look forward to your next visit with us!

Reviewed 14 April 2016 via mobile

Hotel and staff were really nice, amenities, room, service and location were just as nice. First time in Phoenix for fri - mon weekend getaway. Enjoyed all they had to offer, free breakfast, snacks until we came back from a long day trip to envelope canyons tons 10pm and found that key card didn't work, got it re-activated and walked into a room which had been given to someone else. They moved all our belongings. Long story short, I made two reservations and they cancelled the longer stay and thought we were to be checked out on Sunday instead of Monday. Excuse was they needed the room, but at check in they scan your license and credit card, why would u move someone's belongings, just charge their credit card that's why u have it, for incidentals, etc. They even brought up the two reservations, I had to search my email to find the email cancelling and requestin the longer stay. And the guy that made/cancelled reservation no longer worked there. To their credit they did call and leave a message but I had a low battery and low signal. They did comp us their last room, not as good as the one we had, returned our things, nothin missing so that was a big relief, we had stored things in the safe that were removed as well. This should hv never happened, needless to say after you've been away all day. Justin was way more understanding just starting his shift and they were extremely apologetic. Jessica called her manager and explained things. We happened to see the super nice room attendant the following day and she explained things a lot clearly for she had seen us around the hotel enjoying ourselves and was hoping nothing bad happened die to a similar situation and that she waited as long as she could before removing our things. Well by the next morning most of the staff had heard of the fiasco. My one suggestion would be that they review your itinerary to confirm your stay. During check in I don't believe this happened and I signed the papers without looking at the dates, if so this entire episode would've never happened. And this is why I can't rate them a complete 5 even though everything worked out. It didn't ruin our trip but it sure put an unecessary hiccup in it.

Date of stay: April 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank maine8700
Reviewed 13 April 2016

Unique gem near downtown Phoenix with amazing staff and restaurant. Cool courtyard pool and rooftop bar with great views of the surrounding area and definitely check out the jazz band that plays up there some nights! Great place to relax with a cocktail. Can't say enough about the staff, they're friendly, caring, and make an effort to make sure you enjoy your stay

Date of stay: March 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
ClarendonKay, Guest Relations Manager at The Clarendon Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2016

Thank you for your wonderful review of our boutique hotel! We're so happy you enjoyed our beautiful property, wonderful amenities, and exceptional staff. We hope to see you again soon at The Clarendon Hotel and Spa!