1,302 results
All reviews blue hound the breakfast club chase field wine hour rooftop pool yoga mat city scape corner suite complimentary wine talking stick soaking tub flatbread heart of downtown within walking distance mini bar baseball stadium great downtown location
Reviewed 3 March 2016

My husband and I attended a convention nearby and decided on the Palomar since we've enjoyed our stays at other Kimpton hotels. The Palomar has modern decor and a restaurant so good that after having dinner there one evening we brought friends back for lunch the next day. There's a convenient breakfast spot next door too.

The room was larger than I'd anticipated with new furnishings and an extremely comfortable bed. The bathroom was amazing, with shelving under the sink. It was the first time I've been in a hotel with more than enough flat surfaces in the bathroom!

The staff were all very friendly and helpful. We'll definitely stay here again the next time we're in Phoenix.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Niels V, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Phoenix, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2016

Hi RoseK33,

thanks for providing us some feedback from your recent stay. Happy to hear that everything was up to your expectations and more. Hopefully we will see you back soon again!

Reviewed 29 February 2016

Never have been to this Palomar before and found it was as excellent as most of their properties. We had 2 days to enjoy the city before we headed to Tucson--they put us in a very quiet room-and it was very clean and inviting. We enjoyed the evening cocktail hour and ate at one of their restaurants. All was very good. Also enjoyed the roof top pool and bar--thank you for being helpful and staff respectful-your staff is excellent!!!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Niels V, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Phoenix, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2016

Hi Libbie,

thanks for staying with us. Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. Hope Tucson was equally good.

Look forward to see you again soon.

Reviewed 25 February 2016

An excellent hotel - stayed to participate in meeting for five nights. Location good - major event venues within walking distance. Also if do not want to take taxi to/from Phoenix airport, easy to reach by light rail. Room was perfect - spacious with all necessary amenities and really fine bedding, as it was upper floor I can't say that noise somehow disturbed me. This was my second Kimpton hotel experience - may praise overall style and care for guests (bonus is free wine tasting afternoons). Really nice staff.

Date of stay: January 2016

Hi Ralfs,

glad that you decided to stay with us. We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you back soon again!

Reviewed 23 February 2016

I was hesitant to book this hotel, as I typically stay closer to the Biltmore. However, I was pleasantly surprised, as the area is vibrant, and the hotel itself was great. The staff is very professional and helpful, the food was awesome and the pool and surrounding bar were great amenities to have. I will definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: January 2016

Hi Samantha,

thanks for taking the chance at a downtown stay at the Palomar. Glad that you did. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and have plans to return.

Reviewed 23 February 2016

I am actively staying at this location on business. This is my first time at a Kimpton hotel. The quality of food, textiles and furnishings is excellent. Staff are kind and strive to provide outstanding customer service. That being said, I will not stay here for business again.

This is a very hip, night life proximal location. It is not ideal for going to bed before 2AM. Adjacent night clubs / bars have grandfathered noise permits. I inquired with the front desk and was offered ear plugs. An alternate room was not available. The staff were kind and apologetic but limited in the solutions available for them to offer. Note-to-Management, ear plugs do not mitigate the base in music. If you think they do, I implore you to give it a try; stay at your own hotel when you have an early meeting.

Moreover, and most upsetting, I was repeatedly assured that this would only be an issue on Friday and Saturday. This is not true. Both Sunday and Monday night the music was loud until the wee hours of the morning. Shame on me for not reading more reviews prior to booking.

It would probably be tolerable if there was some kind of white noise offering in the room - e.g. a loud fan, sleep sounds device, etc. - anything to distract from the incessant thumping. There are a variety of engineering controls at different price points that would make for a pleasant experience. Frankly, I am surprised this was not a consideration during construction (2012) as the clubs existed prior to this establishment.

* If you're considering this hotel for a night or two and want to go out clubbing, this is a great spot.
* Don't bother parking your own car; it is not appreciably cheaper than valet and will save you unnecessary frustration if you are an out-of-towner.
* If you want coffee in your room, request it. Keurigs are available.
* No microwave in room.
* Deep cleanings and maintenance are needed.
* Safe is not large enough for a 17" laptop.
* Food is excellent.
* Common areas are lovely.
* Customer service is fantastic.

Room tip: Talked to several guests and all had the same complaint about the club music. No good recommendation.
2  Thank BusinessTravelPref

Hello Tye077,

thanks for an honest and detailed review. We will definitely continue to look at this challenge with a critical eye (or ear) and strive to find the best possible solutions.