All reviews chase field convention center stayed here pancake machine ball park short walk from the centre basketball court diamondbacks game d backs priority club turkey sausage arizona science center doors slamming microwave and fridge free breakfast new carpet light rail
Reviewed 14 September 2018

This was our first time staying at a Holiday Exress. Customer was great, friendly and helpful. Many restauraants nearby, the room and bed was comfortable. The breakfast was very good and ofered a variety of options.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 August 2018

We stay here often because of it's close proximity to Chase Ballpark. The hotel is clean and the breakfast is good. The bed is so comfortable, I hate to get out of it. The staff is all very friendly. I really like this Holiday Inn.

Room Tip: I like the upper floors and the back side.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 July 2018

I've found it hard to go wrong with any Holiday Inn Express. This downtown location is a standard HIE, very clean, very comfortable beds, and friendly, helpful staff. Clean grounds and plenty of parking. Good breakfast. Recommended.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 June 2018

This was my 2nd stay at this hotel last night as we were here for the Kenny Chesney concert at Chase Field. Easy walking distance to Chase field if not 106 degrees outside but easy $6 Uber ride. I was in room 202 & found the bed a little saggy. Also the TV didn't have an auto-off function. Room was quiet, staff friendly & accommodating. However "free" bottles of water have stopped even just your 1st one & no lobby cookies.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 June 2018

My husband and I were in town to catch a Diamondbacks game. We needed a hotel within walking distance of the stadium. The Holiday Inn Express was priced right and the location was great.

This is an older property. The carpeting in the hallways is worn, but the staff keeps it vacuumed. The décor is dated, but let me stop right here are say that the housekeeping staff is awesome. No dirt or dust. This property is VERY well maintained, inside and out. There is a TV in the common sitting area in the lobby. You can access the pool and workout room as well on this level. Breakfast is average, but you really can't complain when it is complementary.

Check in was fairly quick and Jenn was awesome. She informed us about restaurants in the area as well as local drug store. All of the staff we countered were friendly.
Although we didn't have a car, I noted that there is plenty of parking. There was no hotel shuffle to the airport, but the front desk called a taxi for us and the wait was brief. Distance to the airport is less than 7 miles and the cost was under $20.

My complaints: The room doors slam loudly. I had my hands full and I didn't expect that is would close so hard. It is annoying when you are trying to sleep. Also, I wish there was a Starbucks or other concession with afternoon/evening hours in the lobby.

There are restaurants within walking distance and a very peaceful park-like setting in the Plaza. This hotel was in a good location and a very good value for the dollar. I would stay again when in town for the next MLB gane,

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Hilary B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Phoenix Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2018

Thank you for your review! We are so pleased with your comments. Our staff strives very hard to maintain our property and levels of cleanliness.
Jenn does a wonderful job with our guests, as do all of our staff. I will be sure that she receives the recognition she deserves!
We are sorry about our doors, for safety reasons we want them to be able to close without assistance, but we will work with maintenance to make sure that they are not closing to hard. We really do not want to wake any one up!