“Should Have Been a 5 but...”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Phoenix Airport South
Ranked #9 of 173 Hotels in Phoenix
Reviewed 18 August 2017

This property was excellent for both nights we stayed. Bullet points:
- Very friendly staff; very helpful staff from the maintenance people to the housekeeping staff to the kitchen staff; everyone asks how you are and if you need anything
- Surprised us with a free dinner buffet; offered every Monday - Thursday and the food was quite tasty; really fantastic staff
- Huge, humongous, gigantic suites--some with doors to separate the bedroom from the kitchen/lounge area
- Extremely clean
- One of the quietest properties we ever have stayed at--it was remarkable
- No smoking and no pets; excellent for those of us who have allergies
- Full kitchens: includes cookware, toaster, dishes, microwave, stove top, full size refrigerator, dishwasher, sink with garbage disposal, coffee maker with coffee bean and tea leaf coffee!, paper towels (They have liquid dish soap, but you have to bring any other cleaning supplies.)
- Very good environmental policy— they use real dishes at their dinner and breakfast buffets
- Nice patio area with chairs and tables and an area under cover with couches; two high-end, large barbecues for guests to use; and a large pool
- Nice, large workout room; guest laundries
- AAA rates are incredibly good
- Quiet, but there were not a lot of guests while we were here
- Bath sink counter large & brightly lit
- Central air; not quiet but not so annoying as wall unit
- Will do grocery shopping for you (for a price)
- At free breakfast buffet, eggs were perfect—unsalted! You could season them up however you wanted. Good selection of food all the way around. Use real dishes, not disposable; but also had to-go boxes, if people requested them.
- So surprised and very disappointed in how many hotel guests did not tip the staff maintaining the dinner and breakfast buffets. We have noticed that this is a very frequent problem at hotels where we stay. Travelers should always tip the buffet staff!

So why did we rate this as only a 4? There were some issues both at check in and check out that left us a bit unhappy. They were resolved, but still left us a bit disappointed.

However, we would stay here again, in a heartbeat. We now are a lot more aware of what we have to do when interacting with the front desk staff, so can be proactive.

Room Tip: You can't pick a bad room--all are good.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 31 July 2017

Very impressed with all things offered with each stay. Love the hot breakfast and complimentary social hours with great food. Excellent stay! I will choose this hotel every time I come up for business.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Reviewed 22 July 2017

My stay was June 30th I missed my connecting flight to Ontario, CA because my flight got delayed in Chicago. I called and made a reservation with hotel I hung up and started to look for a ride right when I was about to order a lyft/ uber I got a phone call back stating the shuttle driver was on his way to get me that was a nice touch. Hotel is not that far from the airport. Room was nice, comfortable, and clean. I had a peaceful nights rest. I forgot all of the staffs names because my mind was elsewhere. Breakfast was hot and fresh with lots of options. If I'm ever in phoenix I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 July 2017

We prefer Homewood suites because we can get a two bedroom suite and the second bedroom has two beds in it. This is a big plus for families with opposite sex children. We got a very nice room and were well served for a extremely competitive price. will stay here again if I have the chance

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Reviewed 10 July 2017

Homewood Suites PHX Airport at E Cotton Center Blvd, Phoenix AZ really took good care of us...Our company could not have asked for more. Our home away from home for many months. Thanks a million Patrick, Front Desk, Ms. Dorothy Kitchen, Dan, Troy, Pam Shuttle service...Awesome staff! (Oh and Manager who came all the way to my room to bring new remotes! (room 436) Smile!)

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Travellers also viewed these Phoenix hotels
Deer Valley
Central City
Kimpton Hotel Palomar Phoenix
Paradise Valley
Embassy Suites by Hilton Phoenix-Scottsdale

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Phoenix Airport South? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Homewood Suites by Hilton Phoenix Airport South

Address: 4750 E Cotton Center Blvd, Phoenix, AZ 85040-4812
Region: United States > Arizona > Central Arizona > Phoenix > South Mountain
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#4 Business Hotel in Phoenix
#8 Family Hotel in Phoenix
#20 Romantic Hotel in Phoenix
Price Range: $261 - $709 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — Homewood Suites by Hilton Phoenix Airport South 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Evoline ltd, Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, Agoda, Expedia APAC, lastminute.com.au, Wotif.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Homewood Suites by Hilton Phoenix Airport South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Homewood Suites Phoenix Airport South Hotel Phoenix