See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 8 March 2018

Lack of replacement linens, dirty hardwood and carpeted floors, a phone not fit to be sold at a yard sale, a foldout bed that whacks into the eating desk, no list of what the cable channel names were, a night visit of a fire engine, a saucepan that spewed water at every attempt to pour it neatly made this a very NEGATIVE memorable experience. The property corporate name should be stripped from this property.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Extended Stay
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Airport - E. Oak St., responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2018

Eric, we are disheartened to read your review. Please accept our apologies for the problems you and your family encountered. You deserved a clean, comfortable and stress-free stay, and we did not live up to your expectations. We have taken a note of your feedback and have discussed it with our housekeeping and maintenance team to prevent these issues from reoccurring. We hope you all will give us another opportunity to have you as our guests, and we are confident we can replace this experience with a positive one.

Reviewed 5 March 2018

We try to vacation on a budget and the price was right here. However, in retrospect we would not recommend it unless you are really really trying to save.

Positives:
1) Close to Costco for cheap food and stocking up. We were staying only one night before going to a timeshare and Costco was right there.
2) The rooms were generally clean. I did not sense dirt or bugs.
3) The pool was heated to a nice temperature and pool towels were available.

Negatives:
1) The area kind of made me nervous. Definitely an urban setting close to poverty where some of the passers-by seemed kind of desperate.
2) The property is not keeping up with maintenance. My door would only lock if we slammed it. Toilet blocked easily.
3) The staff were constantly busy. If you went for something there would be a queue of customers and the staff might not even be visible. We came by at 2:30 for a 3:00 check-in and they told us to come back...fair enough, but a bad sign. The staff were very pleasant and helpful but just overwhelmed.
4) Could not find the morning breakfast (I think it was optional not something they promised, but they said there would be some donuts or something at check-in).

In summary, I do think this was an ok place to stay if you are really trying to save money and won't be around much, except for the pool and sleeping. However, if you can pay $20 extra, I would definitely try someplace nicer.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Airport - E. Oak St., responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2018

Jasper, thank you for reviewing our hotel. Please accept our apologies for not meeting you and your families expectations. We want every guest to have a comfortable experience, and regrettably, we did not succeed in your case. We will be working with the concerned team to make sure we don't repeat our mistakes. We hope you all will give us a second chance to deliver the type of experience you should always expect from our hotel.

Reviewed 4 March 2018

Stay here as recommended by Work travel provider - I will be letting them know to remove this hotel as an option. Room was a pig-sty that took 2 hours to clean after we checked in Door lock was broken - had to fix it my self

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Extended Stay

Brian, we are disheartened to read your review. Please accept our sincere apologies for the cleanliness issue you encountered. You deserved a clean, comfortable and stress-free stay, and we did not live up to your expectations. We assure you that what you experienced is not acceptable, and we have discussed it with our housekeeping and maintenance team to ensure we prevent these issues from reoccurring. We encourage you to try us again in the near future, and we are confident you will enjoy a better stay.

Reviewed 1 March 2018

It took over 45 minutes to check in. I told them in advance I'd need a late check in, but apparently the computer deleted my reservation at midnight. Due to the computer malfunction, they double charged me and added a cancellation fee. After sitting on hold for 15 minutes, the representative offered me a voucher for a free room. I replied that I have no desire to stay at Extended Stay again, and I requested a refund instead. He replied that Guest Services and/or the regional manager would call me back within 48 hours. It's been several weeks and still no call. This hotel chain is clueless when it comes to customer service. The call center representative said this is an issue with the local hotel, but in fact, the issue stems from a corporate computer glitch. Customers get the runaround and suffer. I doubt the executives of this company even know the extent of the problem. It's intolerable.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Airport - E. Oak St., responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2018

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We apologize for the unpleasant experience. We take guest satisfaction very seriously. As a result, please allow us some time to look into this matter further so that we can properly address your concerns.

Reviewed 28 February 2018

As expected, room was large and comfortable. Missing - in-room coffee maker. Advertised light breakfast is misnomer - weak coffee and minimal granola bars do not constitute breakfast. I did not expect a full breakfast, but this was a real disappointment. I will still stay here, but will not expect much more than a large room.

Room Tip: Bring your own breakfast
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Airport - E. Oak St., responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2018

Robert, thanks for staying at Extended Stay America. We are glad to read you liked your spacious room and that you had a comfortable stay. Your feedback about breakfast specifics will help us to improve our product offering and service delivery. We look forward to having you visit again so we can provide you with a better experience.