1,769 results
All reviews convention center the club lounge lobby bar chase field room service self parking within walking distance heart of downtown movie theater beautiful hotel conference hotel attended a conference per day business trip room key free internet housekeeping staff
Reviewed 1 April 2018

I reached in the hotel at around 10:00 am after taking a yellow cab from the Sky harbour Airport which charged me some 22$. Tip: Better to call Uber which is going to charge half of what yellow cab is charging.
although my room was pre booked a day before arrival but unfortunately the hotel receptionist said that room will be available at only after 3:00 pm. So i have no choice but to wait till 3:00 but they have luggage room where one can keep the luggage safely. So I deposited my luggage and went directly to convention center from the Hotel. Convention center is hardly 5 min walk from the Hotel lobby so very convenient to move up and down to hotel and to convention center.
They have lounge service at 28th floor where one can have complimentary breakfast in the morning and appetizer in the evening based on your booking choice and selection.
there are lot of options available near by for food and beverages although Hotel itself has its own BAR.
I feel that that the tariff charged during the stay was little higher as compare to the amenities in the hotel. Although I would say that its a good property to stay in downtown of Phoenix
They have Green Clean initiative, that if you avoid the cleaning of room on daily basis they will give you a coupon of $5 as a reward which can be redeemed for food ot or other stuff at the restaurant or coffee shop in the Hotel lobby.

Room tip: View from the rooms which are above 15th Floor is amazing.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
TeamMarriottSGP, Executive management at Sheraton Grand Phoenix, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

We're so pleased that you chose to stay with us, and we thank you for taking the time to provide us with some feedback after your recent stay.

We are happy to hear that our staff made your stay comfortable and were attentive to your travel needs.

We would like to thank you as well for partnering with us in our sustainability initiative; 'Make a Green Choice', which helps us to reduce not just our water and energy consumption but our overall environmental footprint.

We hope we will have another opportunity in the future to be of service.

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for 4 nights. Very friendly staff. They even provided a box fan to help deafen normal hotel noise. Great place for conferences. We were able to walk to multiple downtown sites.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 28 March 2018

Stayed there for 3 nights while attending a conference. 2nd time at this hotel and as before it was a very nice stay. I believe I got to the property around 1pm and got my room by like 3:30 so a bit of a wait that way. They seem to be very busy with travelers and they turnover rooms often I think so you do seem to have to wait for your room a bit.
We had our meetings at the hotel and the food served was good at all times. Additionally I ate in the hotel restaurant for lunch on the day I was leaving and they had a special where nothing was more than $ 9 so a good deal.
Of note I elected to not have my room serviced daily and was given a $ 5 per night food credit to be used onsite. I did think they would at least come in and straighten my bed and collect garbage but for the entire visit my room was not touched. So for a savings of $ 5 nightly I'm not sure I would do this again. Not sure if my room was missed inadvertently or if this is part of their Green Program. When I have done this before staff would normally come in and straighten the room they just wouldn't replace towels which is how I thought this program would go. However as I said my room went untouched. Oh and the elevators were slow at times due to demand I guess.
Overall a very nice hotel and a friendly and helpful staff.

Room tip: Good stay and walking distance to many things
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
TeamMarriottSGP, Executive Management at Sheraton Grand Phoenix, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2018

Thank you so much for the feedback you provided after your recent stay with us. We appreciate that you chose to stay with us a second time.

Thank you for partnering with us, as well, in our 'Make A Green Choice' sustainability program. Although you may have ultimately discovered that this program is not for you, we do value the fact that you elected to have the experience with us and decide for yourself.

We love hearing that you also discovered our "Nothing Over $9" (bucks) lunch special in District restaurant as it is a popular choice for our patrons.

We hope you will visit again when your travels bring you back to Phoenix.

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

The meeting space was adequate for our small group. The food for breakfast and lunch was above average for hotel banquet food. It was served outdoor on a 4th floor garden area. Convenient to airport (about 15 minute drive). Great restaurants within walking distance. Convenient to convention center and Stadiums.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 19 March 2018

Stayed for national meeting at Convention Center. Easy drive in from airport. Close to freeway for other trips around town. Missed the "enter" sign as it was poorly lit, so had to drive around the block again. Parking is cramped, avoid bringing a large vehicle! Great views (26th floor). Few eating options in immediate vicinity, but short walk to 1st and Washington area with multiple eateries, or to TGI Fridays inside Chase Field (great view of the field!). Safe and comfortable area to walk at night. Short walk to convention center, Chase Field, Sun's arena, etc. Check-in was efficient. Room was as expected - clean and modern. One of our room cards "died" on day 2, necessitating a trip back downstairs to re-key. Bar/lounge in lobby comfortable, however filled/overflowed each night we were there. Check-out (if you need to review charges) is at front desk, had to wait only a couple of minutes. Would consider again for convenience to downtown next trip to Phoenix.

Room tip: Views in higher floors are great.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
TeamMarriottSGP, Executive Management at Sheraton Grand Phoenix, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2018

Dear Mike,

We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and had additional time to explore downtown Phoenix from our location in the center of it. It is an easy walk to just about everything...

We do hope you will choose to stay with us again and we look forward to providing you with another memorable stay.