All reviews ritz carlton bees knees front desk cool vibe ping pong rooftop pool mountain view biltmore fashion park mall across the street fun hotel trendy hotel valet staff camelback road location is great king room movie theater phoenix area
Reviewed 16 January 2016

Went to Phoenix for a business workshop and the workshop was being held at the NEW Camby. We also stayed at the hotel for one night. When we got there on Thursday at around 11:00am my room was not ready. They told me they would call when it was. Walking around the hotel before my event I checked out the lobby, bar and restaurant. The hotel says it is a fun, luxurious hotel. Well the fun is it looks like it was decorated by Pee Wee Herman. Bright colors, weird paintings (and I do mean weird), neon signs and furniture that look strange and are not comfortable at all. A very large couch that the back went straight up. I felt like I had to sit at attention just to get any support at all. At around 3:00pm they called to say my room was ready and left the workshop to get my clothes hung up. When I got the the room the Pee Wee Herman motif followed. There is a cattle skull on the wall that you might find in a old western dude ranch but this one is made out of plastic. It has a light inside that when you turn it on require sunglasses to see anything else in the room. There was a painting on the wall the showed two people together but then the middle of the picture is cut out and replaced with something. I am not sure what but it was not a Warhol but more like a mistake. The bed was OK and the next morning when I got up I went to take a shower and when I went to move the shower door that was gall one of the handle fell on the floor. It looked like the forgot to screw it in. I tried not to touch anything else not knowing if it might end up falling on to the floor. After getting dressed I left the room (on the 10th floor) and noticed the elevator were dissembled. They were fine the night before but now some had taken all the plates showing the up and down arrows. Also the signal button was gone. Well I walked down 10 floors to find out that the elevator had shorted out and they had no idea when it would be fixed. Many unhappy customers all walking down the stairs together. So you know all the hotel staff did there best to help us but this hotel should not be open until they fix and repair all the other parts of the hotel.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank Fred R
Greg M, General Manager at The Camby, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2016

Fred,
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. We're sorry that you didn't care for our new décor. Our contemporary style is influenced by the five C's of Arizona and offers a stylish playful experience. I sincerely regret the inconvenience you had with our elevators which were unexpectedly out of service for about 90 minutes while some improvements were made. Given the chance I would welcome the opportunity assist with future reservation and assure and exceptional stay.

Reviewed 14 January 2016 via mobile

I travel a lot for business, so my review is will be straight to the point. Clearly they rushed opening to start booking revenue at this property. While the decor is quite modern and sexy it is not finished by far. Dust everywhere and while the staff is trying they are all confused by the new hotel. Had dinner at the Artizen bar which was subpar. Hotel has potential but needs a GM who can make this place run smoothly.

Trip type: Travelled on business
4  Thank Steve S

Steve,
Thank you for your feedback. I was disappointed to read of your experience here and can assure you that this is not to the standard we expect. I invite you to contact me personally so I may assist with a future visit and assure that we exceed your expectation.

Reviewed 13 January 2016 via mobile

Worth run hotel I've have been too. You can tell why the Ritz Carlton moved out and the condition of the property was very poor. The hot water in our rooms was running to the toilet instead of the sink are shower door was falling down and worst of all the food here was so bad I couldn't eat it. As I travel alot to nice hotel recommend by five star alliance and this was a 2 star at best.. Don't stay here you can get alot better for the money in pheniox

Trip type: Travelled with family
5  Thank Nelson N
GregMCamby, General Manager at The Camby, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2016

Thank you for taking the time to provide some feedback on your recent experience. I would love the opportunity to speak with further. Your feedback is important to our continual improvement. Please contact me at your convenience 1- 602-468-0700 Thank you. Greg

Reviewed 12 January 2016 via mobile

Went out to try the new neighborhood place. Stopped by at bar to have a bite and drinks. Place looks nice, hip, nice national champion football crowd. Classy. Looks like a fun place to hang out. Bartenders at Astizan, I feel, need a bit more customer service skills.
Overall looks like a nice place to hang out. Can't wait to check it out further.

Date of stay: January 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 January 2016

Staff is exceptional and attitudes are prime for success.Unifors and attire were well planned and I could tell the desire to stand above competition.
Room was clean, neat and VERY comfortable and well furnished. The bed was extreme comfort.
Location across from the mall....excellent ...no need for transportation and easy to navigate to and from
The health club is beyond the class level of any I have ever seen AAA
Restaurant staff was very attentive and polite.
Dress shirt was pressed and returned in less thatn 30 minutes

Room tip: Suites are superb choice
  • Trip type: Travelled on business