“nice ambience”
Review of Phoenix Art Museum

Phoenix Art Museum
Ranked #10 of 229 things to do in Phoenix
More attraction details
Owner description: One of the largest art museums in the Southwest, the museum houses a permanent collection of some 16,000 works of art spanning the centuries and also includes a popular miniatures collection and a "Please Touch" children's gallery.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Stairs / lift
Denver, Colorado
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“nice ambience”
Reviewed 27 March 2012

healthy food and good ambiance among the beautiful works of art.

Visited September 2011

Phoenix, Arizona
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Don't skip the shop at the end!”
Reviewed 26 March 2012

I moved here from Seattle and was delighted to find the Phoenix Art Museum. Have been there several times, but my favorite visit was with my sculptor/artist sister-in-law and her two teenage children. We only made it through a few of the exhibits because the kids and we adults kept getting into these discussions on various works, talking about what art is and should and should not be! So much fun! Loved the room filled with "twinkling fireflies!" If it's still there, don't miss it! And the museum shop is AWESOME! I could spend a fortune in there.

JedC
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Don't go to Phoenix for art.....”
Reviewed 26 March 2012

Nice, small town museum. I went to see the Frank Lloyd Wright exhibition in honor of the 75th anniversary of the founding of Taliesin West, so I got my money's worth, but if I had been looking for more I would have been disappointed (although at least the one Monet was a nice one). One other problem that I had was that the (only) restaurant was closed for a special event the Sunday I went, and there was no place else to eat in the neighborhood. That probably doesn't happen often, but it was a problem for me because I had skipped lunch on the assumption that I could grab something there.

Visited March 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“A Gem”
Reviewed 23 March 2012

The Phoenix Art Museum is a rambling building, with surprises each time you turn a corner. Locals joke that all the art had been collected before the Phoenix museum opened, but that's just a joke. From the Asian art display to the top floor child-friendly dark mirror room, there is something for everyone to see and do. And, if you're hungry, the restaurant is superb!

Tucson, Arizona
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“Great museum”
Reviewed 22 March 2012

There was a great variety of art from Western Hemisphere to European to Contemporary. You could wander around and be totally lost in the art work. Had pretty outdoor spaces. The day we visited was extremely busy because of the DEVOUR activity going on but it did not interfere with the appreciation for the art. The fact that the museum is accessible on the Light Rail made it easy to get there from our downtown hotel.

Visited March 2012