“Order the Rainbow Trout - best value on the menu for $18”

Sa Nyu Wa Restaurant
Price range: USD 19 - USD 36
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Well, I must confess my husband and I ordered the same thing so I cannot really speak to the rest of the menu, which I thought was pretty varied for a restaurant at this location. However, it made sense....they had a little bit for almost all cultures --- Hispanic, Asian, Indian, Hualapai and the usual burgers and sandwiches.

However, we like to try the regional food so we opted for the fry bread (which we got a free coupon when we bought our tickets --- just mention that you plan to dine at the restaurant) and the rainbow trout. OMG --- my husband and I agreed, BEST fish we have had in a long time. We got 2 whole fillets each. They tasted so FRESH! All we can guess is that they were local fish, caught nearby.

The views were the main reason we decided to dine there, but based on what I observed about the alternative dining options on premises, we were glad to have made the choice we made. Besides, it was wet the day we visited, so we were comfortable and dry while we dined. The wait staff were very friendly and even obliged to take photos of us in front of the Skywalk. These turned out better than the "professional" photo we paid for down below.

2  Thank Juna

Reviewed 2 March 2018 via mobile

I don’t know how you can give this place less than a 5 just based on the location and views alone. However the service and food were also excellent! They only do bottle service water which cost $9/bottle for flat water. My husbands beer was cheaper at $7.50. Make sure to get the coupon for a free basket of fry bread ($8 value) When we were there they were just switching the free option from their signature appetizer to a basket of bread. The kitchen accidentally still brought us the signature appetizer...score! We got to try the wings, a pork belly steam bun and the fry bread. All of it was delicious! I ordered the Arizona Wedge and my husband had the Hualapai Tacos. We loved everything. For the location of this restaurant they could really charge a lot more. Our bill only came to $43 which I think is Steal for all the food we got....with the most amazing view! Make sure to make this part of your stop on the West Rim tour!

2  Thank Funtwin1
Reviewed 25 February 2018

The restaurant sits on the West Rim of the Grand Canyon at Eagle Point. We'd never been to the Grand Canyon before and we were stunned by the beauty of it all.

We sampled several different dishes starting with the Acorn Stew, a traditional Hualapai stew served with Hualapai fry bread. It was very tasty. The beef and pine nuts added an amazing texture to the pureed stew.

I ordered the Quail and it was cooked to perfection. I didn't enjoy the cornbread pancake that it was served with but the seasonal vegies were also cooked to perfection.

My husband had the 16oz Ribeye and it was the best beef I've ever tasted. Their steaks are Certified Native American Beef so we thought we'd try one. Not something we'd probably see on a menu again. So not disappointed!

1  Thank Midnight2010
Reviewed 17 February 2018 via mobile

The view is great, service is very good but the food is quite bland. Get the carnitas nachos...it was the best out of our dishes.

Reviewed 16 February 2018 via mobile

The view was extraordinary! We had to wait 40 min for a Window table but that was worth it. The service was really good but the food was really bland and tasteless. Ordered the Elotes, yuca frita, and french dip and was all tasteless. Really not there for the food but for the view and that was great.