2,213 results
All reviewsbltrita's kitchenjackrabbit poolmummy mountainjack rabbitsun decklive musicquailtop notchhappy hourspread outgolf cartgrounds are beautifulprivate poolmain buildinggift shopfire pit
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

So... maybe this is what you are looking for and maybe it isn’t. For us... it wasn’t. The grounds are absolutely beautiful and the staff is friendly and helpful. The price is expensive to start— then in addition to tax they add a 35$ resort fee daily. It did get us use of two bikes today on a nice route (they claimed a $60 value for those if we hadn’t paid the resort fee. They also say for that we get internet - though I see now you get that free as a rewards member which we are. And... that’s not the higher speed internet, that is another $15 a day.)

The room is beautiful and private — we upgraded to a Mountain View room which was worth it.

The pools were crowded - this is Spring Break so maybe not the best time. The usual big resort stuff with people marking their territory early with towels. The adult pool was appreciated as the large pool was dominated by screaming children — so that was quiet but small and it got crowded by loud adults at times.

See separate reviews of the food - that didn’t meet expectations.

You feel cut off from the area here — we stayed at Salt River Courtyard before and could hop on a Lime bike and explore. This is the same distance from town roughly— but the resort is enormous and the neighborhoods surrounding are filled with Mercedes not the community bikes for rent.

I think if you have the money and want to spend it on a vacation with your kids or if you like crowds of people and golf or tennis resort experience this may be the place. If you aren’t looking for that though I wouldn’t recommend it. We have found a lot more for a lot less so will look elsewhere in the future.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MeT1nT2
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

This was a fabulous week at the spa. The grounds are breathtaking and the customer service excellent. I’d do it all over again. The food at Rita’s is absolutely delicious and the spa service worth every penny.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We started our trip at the JW Tucson and then came to this location. I was somewhat underwhelmed by this location. The rooms are very very dark unless you have your curtains open, but if you do that everyone can see inside your room since patios face parking lots or courtyards. Bathrooms seemed updated but rooms are lacking and very outdated. The room had a musty smell to it and the ceilings were quite low which added to the cave like feeling. It took over 30 mins for the golf cart to pick up our bags from our room. I would have hauled my bag to the front myself but it wasn’t close enough. The front desk hardly explains anything about the property i had to ask all the questions. Breakfast was included in our rate but we weren’t told which restaurant to eat at and exactly what on the menu was covered. The front desk said we had to ask the waiter. The waiter then tells us the higher end continental buffet. Our neighbors stole our table and chairs from our patio while we went to the spa. No one offered us water until the second day and we are silver and gold members. It seemed as if the front desk staff are not trained as well as they should be for this category of a hotel. The spa was ok, over crowded and i felt for that price point the spa inside should have been nicer with better signs telling you how to find the bathroom even. I felt the spa staff should have given us a tour of the facility, she knew we had never been. Massage overall was good. Food at restaurants was good.
You’ll need a car staying at his location.
Pool gets super crowded very early with people reserving chairs for hours without even using them. Should be a better policy about this. For the size of this place they should have a second pool it’s ridiculous and not relaxing. This place is good for families with kids i think. I’ve been to nicer properties than this. Their landscaping is amazing though so seems they spent their money there.

Stayed: April 2018
Mary L, Sr. Executive Assistant at JW Marriott Scottsdale Camelback Inn Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write a detailed review of your recent stay and experience with us. Providing the highest level of hospitality is our number one priority and we sincerely apologize for falling short of meeting your expectations.

We will share your feedback with our team as this allows us to make improvements on the service and amenities we provide our guests.

Once again, thank you for your valued feedback and we hope to serve you again whenever your travels bring you back to Scottsdale

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Accommodations are second to none. This resort is beautiful and relaxing. The food is outstanding and love their Sunday brunch. We have stayed in various areas on the property and once we stayed near the Spa where there are some pet-friendly rooms. One visit we stayed in a private casita with 2 bedrooms and it's own pool. That was heavenly, going for an evening swim and sipping wine while looking up at the night sky.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 April 2018

My first stay was roughly 7 years ago and I have made it a point to stay at this property annually. The landscape, views, service, food and attention to detail is some of the best I've experienced. I highly recommend this property for a vacation property or company convention.

Room Tip: I always request a room next to the Jack Rabbit pool area.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business