We stayed at Lusia's to be close to the wharf, so that we could catch the early ferry to Upolu. The room was plain but comfortable and clean. The breakfast (up to 16 tala and included in the price) was excellent; fresh fruit, eggs, toast, good coffee. All the staff seemed very helpful and friendly. We were able to walk to the market and downtown to the bank (15-20 min) but there are plenty of buses and taxis. We had a taxi drive us (for 60 tala) to the Tafua reserve where we took a short hike (about 1 hour roundtrip) up to the crater. The internet at Lusia's was sketchy; we had to ask the staff had to turn on and off the modem to make connections. The area around the chalet was intriguing with the winding paths and bridges through the jungle but if they cleaned up some of the junk lying around, it would be nicer. We didn't go swimming in the lagoon because it looked a little murky. Lusia's lends out kayaks and has lifejackets.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Small, boutique resort located on the Big Island of Savai'i in Salelologa. If you are looking for somewhere a little different, somewhere relaxing, we are the place you have been looking for! Located conveniently - get off the ferry at Salelologa wharf turn left. Lusia's Lagoon Chalets is a five minute walk or 1 minute drive from the wharf at Salelologa, Savaii. At Lusia's you can walk through a natural Samoan forest amongst the towering and rare native ifilele trees. Take a dip in our turquoise lagoon, or for the more adventurous, you may like to snorkel or kayak and view the amazing variety of marine life. In the evening, enjoy a satisfying meal in CC's Restaurant & Bar, or you may like to have your meal served to you on our deck situated on the edge of our lagoon. Accommodation ranges from self contained air conditioned units, shared facility "over the water fales" and budget accommodation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia APAC, Wotif.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd and lastminute.com.au so you can book your Lusia's Lagoon Chalets reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lusia`s Lagoon Chalets Hotel Salelologa
- Lusias Lagoon Chalets Salelologa
- Lusia's Lagoon Chalets Samoa/Salelologa