All reviews free dinner pool table oats social area movie night hot water internet works offer free watch movies large tv good vibes rooms are clean private room the kitchen a great place to stay three nights included in the price
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We liked this hostel! There was a bit of confusion at the beginning when we turned up late and paid a deposit for the key and towel, meant to be $10 each but we paid $20 each, but think it worked out ok. Would have helped if we could speak Spanish! So our bad. The beds were comfy and each one had a charging station which was great. The communal area was nice - serving food until 11pm and it was all nice. The salad were nice. The pizzas were big and amazing! We also had the burritos and they were really nice. And the lasagne! We love food! Free breakfast was help yourself croissants, bananas and oats - homemade jam (which was insaaane!) and butter on the tables, and help yourself coffee and fruit juice. Breakfast 7.30-9.30. Good location. 2 minute walk from town! And lockers that can fit laptops etc :) WiFi was ok, great at times but also dropped out quite a few times.

Date of stay: April 2018
Reviewed 27 February 2018 via mobile

Hostel is amazing - one of my favourites whilst traveling across Ecuador. Amazing view from back dorms and social area is top class. Breakfast and dinner (which is free Monday - Wednesday) was good and filling plus the hostel compound is very beautiful and secure. We asked staff the best way to get to Guayaquil and were told best to go in morning. On leaving that morning my silly friend left her iPhone in reception as we were in a hurry and were later told they “checked cctv” but was not found... After using find my iPhone it was clearly there and after calling and emailing customer service we are no further! Shame as it ruined our time at the hostel for us. Would have been 5* otherwise!

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Finfin92
Reviewed 19 January 2018 via mobile

We paid for two nights at the desk but later were informed that we need I leave after one night since somebody did a booking at booking.com after we had paid. They could have given us a private instead of the dorm we booked, but they decided to just kick us out. As I was writing this I overheard them doing the same for another couple. Terrible service so I cannot recommend this hostel even tho the premises are nice.

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
jojofugnita, Gerente at Great Hostels Backpackers Los Pinos, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

The person who made the check in made the mistake of charging them two nights when in reality we were only available for one. Then as I could, I explain this and we must honor the reservations because that is what makes us trustworthy.
However, all the hotels in the world can have overbooking. That does not make us unworthy of trust - but as humans there are mistakes and you exaggerate with the qualifier. We understand your anger, the experience of hosting more than thirty thousand travelers taught us to tolerate many things and understand more about the human species, and that is worth noting, as you wrote your comment within five minutes of being notified without the slightest reflection on the matter or what damage could be causing, and without giving us the opportunity to relocate it. It was already late, because there are things that are irreversible, the arrow thrown, the word uttered and time.
Good luck in life.

Reviewed 8 January 2018 via mobile

We stayed three nights in Great Backpackers. First in a dorm and then the other nights in private room. Both were clean and had their own bathroom.

We organised canyoning at reception, they work with MTS company who we were hoping to use ourselves anyway :)

Breakfast was very good.
Oats, juice, croissants, jam, coffee included. Can add on eggs / fruit salad / pancakes for $1-3 more.

Dinner included on a couple of nights midweek, filling up the bar and making a good atmosphere. Pool table in the bar.

Lost a star as we had issues with hot water the first day but this was resolved as soon as staff aware. Wi-Fi there but slow, staff attempting to resolve issue with Wi-Fi also.

Staff very friendly and helpful. Location very convenient. Near centre of town, thermal baths and good gym, Xtreme gym which you can use for $2.

Date of stay: January 2018
Reviewed 20 November 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for four or five nights and it was both great value and thy did everything right in my opinion. The private double rooms where very clean and quite and great hot showers. The only issue I think they have in private rooms is that the wifi is not available here but I think if they fixed that you couldn't fault the place.

The breakfast in unbeatable in my opinion. They give you porridge, bananas, croissants and then a large container with butter and jam oh and also there is free tea and coffee and they have hot and cold milk. Honestly I know I am bias on the breakfast as these are all the things but you could also get eggs etc. at a small extra cost.

They had a great kitchen area and fridges. Nice hammocks for chilling outside. The hostel is very central. The staff were really friendly. The organising of trips was really professional. They had a pool table and a bar if you wanted to socialise and a chill out area where you could watch movies. They had computers for free if you didn't have a phone or you wanted something with a more stable connection instead of using wifi.

That is I suppose the only other problem in Banos I don't think It was just our hostel they can have issues with there wifi from time to time. But there is lots of cafe's and Internet cafes if you need to use this and surely one of them will be working.

I really like md this place and have already recommended to other travellers as it was recommended to me.

Date of stay: November 2017