USD 56
USD 27
bnb SOHO(Banos)
All reviewstour groupwithin walking distancegate1mountainsecuadortown
Reviewed 24 December 2017

Travelled as part of a tour group and have stayed here before. Room was clean and comfortable. Wonderful meals were served but vegetarians need to make special requests, otherwise they only get the vegetables without the meat.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms close to common areas
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
Henry V, administrador at Hotel Donde Ivan, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2017

Hi, thank you for your very valuable comment. always ready to improve

Reviewed 21 November 2017

Cute place walking into it. We ate upstairs at a long table. The carrot soup, grilled chicken, cooked veggies were all good but nothing stood out. Two in our small group were vegetarians and they loved their vegetarian lasagne. Expresso at the end of the meal was $2.00. Within walking distance of other things in the town.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Henry V, Gerente at Hotel Donde Ivan, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2017

always at the orders

Reviewed 27 October 2017

This was our luck stop with gate1 travel and like everything else this tour operator does it selects the best places and certainly this luck stop at this meticulous kept facility was perfect.

Great service, good atmosphere, quality food ...we had soup, trout with potatoes and vegetables and a dessert!

It's close to the centre of the town aden certainly would not hesitate to recommend this restaurant based on this experience to anyone.

It was certainly a very good experience for our group.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

always at the orders

Reviewed 12 October 2017

As part of a Gate1 tour, we stopped at Donde Ivan for lunch. The food and service were very good. I cannot comment on pricing because included in our tour. Everything appeared to be very clean and the food was fresh.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo

always to order

Reviewed 19 July 2017 via mobile

I was extremely disappointed with this hotel. I booked this location in Baños at donde Ivan for the quality that was presented on hostelworld website. It had a high star rating and great reviews. My boyfriend and I booked 4 nights on hostelworld that States on the website $28 per night for 2 people. I payed $25 to hold my reservation. I do not speak very good Spanish but my boyfriend being from Ecuador translated for me. The owner charged me an additional $144 even though the website states the remaining balance including tax was $88. I paid him at the hotel bar/restaurant area and did not receive a receipt. I then reviewed the receipt online in our extremely small room. We reapproached the hotel owner/manager about how much we paid him and he waved us into his reception area to discuss it. I do not speak Spanish but my boyfriend is Ecuadorian so he was arguing with the hotel owner for about five minutes. It didn't seem like the hotel owner was understanding where I was coming from. I asked my boyfriend what he was saying and the hotel owner was requesting me to pay an additional $88! So he wanted almost $220 for 4 nights when the website said a total of $113. The manager was trying to charge $28 per guest even though the website specifically goes by room. I even showed the owner me changing how many people I was with on the website and the prices never changed the room rate. He said the internet was wrong. I told him I wanted to leave. The manager appeared very irritated and he looked like a serial killer. He said I can forget about he $88 I owe him and stay. I walked away flustered and frustrated. Then I realized it doesn't change the fact he has $60 of my money he took additionally and would not give back. I never received any receipt and for me not asking is my fault. Apparently you have to ask at hotels here.

That was the first problem.
Second problem- the beds didn't have e fitted sheets, just random layers of blankets. They didn't look like blankets that could be cleaned easily either. The room was tight and the tv was outdated and extremely fuzzy.

Third- Ivan the owner approached us on our day 3 of 4 saying we owed him more money if we stayed because we stayed 4 nights. My boyfriend again started arguing with him explaining we paid for 4 nights and was only their 3. At that point I was like whatever let's leave. I lost out on over $100 and was cheated out of a night. The breakfast was good, they can have 1 star for that.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple