See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 19 January 2017

Location is okay, especially to town it is a nice 10 minute downhill walk (back is tougher).
Room was big, very clean and good beds. No wifi in the room btw.
Still no recommendation, especially because of the staff.
Some examples:
- bar staff does not speak english, and have no training about hospitality. Were surprised we did not want white wine that was not cooled.
- Many excursions pick up time is at 7, but breakfast starts at 7 as well, when we asked what to do or if they could prepare a box, the reception said: Just show up at 6.30/6.45 and if you are lucky you can have breakfast (which we could, but again: this is no service).
- Laundry service comes once a day, bring back and pick-up. We arrived at day 1 at 13:00 and were to leave day 3 at 11:00 so we could not use it because they just left.
Again: the room was nice, it is not bad, but I hope Ushaia has better value.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 January 2017

I think that I need to read more reviews before I book a hotel again.

The hotel was totally fine. The staff were very friendly and helpful - contrary to some other reviews. They also gave me my room early, which was much appreciated.

The room and the bathroom are both rather "tired" and drab. But totally functional. I was happy that I could open the window to let out the heat that was much too stuffy for me. The hotel is quiet and the views are beautiful.

But if you want to go into town - it is a schlepp. Not just down hill, but down, up, down, up and then down again! The rolling hills of the city are a killer. I ended up eating in the restaurant - which was a mistake. There is much better food in the city. Breakfast was rather bleak - ham and cheese and white bread. Not a great start to the day.

But the WIFI is good, there is a lounge to hang out in until your boat departs.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 December 2016

A basic hotel while in transit. Nothing really to recommend it. The location is up the hill at the top end of town. The staff tends to be unhelpful. The breakfast is barely okay.
It is clean and the rooms have a nice view. Not recommended for a longer stay. Definitely in need of some upgrading.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 March 2016

The previous reviews on trip advisor painted a very accurate picture of the hotel: the view is spectacular from the restaurant but the rooms are dated and run down. The breakfast bar was below standard, with nothing healthy to eat, only cold, sugary cereal and white bread. The staff was friendly, providing a basic level of service.

Room Tip: Be sure to get a second floor room if you want a view.
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 February 2016 via mobile

This place is in need of some TLC, but it does have all the necessities. It also has friendly staff. The best thing about this place is the view. Simply stunning panoramic vistas. Worth the 10min walk into town.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple