“Fake agency or false address.”

Circuito Chico Adventure
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We're located at the very entrance of the magnificent Circuito Chico loop, and are open all year round. Our bikes have 24 gears, disk brakes and front suspension, and are checked on a daily basis to keep them in optimal conditions for you. We offer road assistance service, specially designed maps, and all the information you need to have a great experience. During summer, you can also sail Lake Moreno crystal clear waters with us, either on a kayak or on a SUP.
Reviewed 19 September 2016 via mobile

Open all year round????
At the 18,3km???
Are you sure you are still even in Bariloche?

The agency doesn't exist anymore or moved but they are still distributing incorrect information on flyers in all the city.

Don't waste your time in looking for them, you would only spoil a day because of this unserious agency.

2  Thank Daniele D
CircuitoChicoAdven, Director de Recepción at Circuito Chico Adventure, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2017

Hello, Daniele!

We are no fake agency, but we indeed had troubles from May to Nov of 2016 (since we were moving next-door and had some paper-related issues) when we were not able to open. Most hostels, public services and tourism agencies were notified about this, but the extent of our campaigns is quite big as to make everything disappear for good. We are sorry you got misinformed about it: shuttling from the city center to km 18 is indeed a long way to find nothing. We hope you get another chance to come and cycle with us.
Best regards,

Carolina
Circuito Chico Adventure

Reviewed 29 March 2016 via mobile

We hired bikes here yesterday, planning to cycle the Circuito Chico. The gentlemen who dealt with us was very efficient and had very good English despite telling us he didn't! He talked us through the route very thoroughly and made sure we knew all of our options and the time scale to do them within. This all seemed straight forward as did paying and receiving safety equipment (helmet and hi viz vest). We paid AR$280 each for full day bike hire which we thought was possibly slightly higher than we wanted to pay, but all of the equipment was in good condition to reflect the price. We had to do a quick cycle round to check the brakes and gears before we set off which I thought was great to cover our backs and the hire company's too. Luckily we had no problems with the bikes during our cycle, but I felt if we had, we easily could have phoned the gentleman at the hire place to come and assist. Very good service 10/10!

Reviewed 11 February 2016

Was very impressed with the friendly and professional service when I picked up the bike.

However, things turned ugly when my gear broke. I called them up and their first concern was if I am okay. They also immediately send a car with a spare bike. Really great service until here. However, once the guys with the spareribs arrived they told me it was my fault the gear broke (it was completely ripped off) and they expect me to pay for it. I told them that I used the bike in a normal way and there would be no way I would pay for the poor quality of the gear. My mood was really down for the rest of the amazing trip!

Luckily the staff at the office had some common sense and told me I was not expected to pay since the gear was already worn out. Happy end in this case, but the trip was still ruined in a way.

Really hope they will train some of their staff as they really made a good impression otherwise.

CircuitoChicoBikes, Director de Recepción at Circuito Chico Adventure, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2016

Hello Tom!
We are sorry to hear that that inconvenience ruined your experience with us. We work hard to keep our service as good as possible (and even better!) and we definetely don't want to be unfair when it comes to broken materials; that is why we check every bike every day. When a bike arrives with a broken part, we immediately take it to the workshop for replacenments and deep diagnosis of the issue, and then is when a possible charge is confimed or not. In this case, the in-place diagnosis changed as you were returning to the Rental, but it would have been disrespectful from us not to warn you about possible charges and then surprised you with one.
We hope that this wouldn't ruin future possibilities of you and Heidi visiting us.
Have a good trip,

Reviewed 20 December 2015 via mobile

It was fun. The staff was super nice and helpful. The hills were very very difficult to ride but the downs were so much fun. We stoped at gilbert cervecria on the road, really liked it.

CircuitoChicoBikes, Director de Recepción at Circuito Chico Adventure, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2016

Hello Inbar,
Thanks a lot for your review! We always take into consideration our customer's opinions to improve our service.
We are delighted that you had fun! (and thanks for the cuddles to our staff!)
Ups and downs are a characteristic of the area (Bariloche is a mountain area), and we know is hard to go up, but we strongly believe that landscapes and viewpoints pay up for the effort.
Hope you will ride with us once more in the future.
Regards,

Reviewed 12 December 2015

The ride itself is really nice, but this review is about the bike rental company. It's not like it'll make a difference, since you don't really have any other options. Take care of your bike, or else you might be forced to pay for repairs. They say regular wear and tear is covered, but that's up to their judgement and they will argue with you until you pay.

At one point during the ride I stopped, put my bike on the ground to take some pictures, and when I started up again there was a problem with the bike. I had placed the bike down gently, and not even on the side with the broken part! The people at this bike rental shop claim I mistreated the bike, that the only way this part could have been damaged was through misuse, and that I had to pay for it. No amount of logic or explanation would have convinced them that I didn't mistreat the bike. It wasn't even that much to replace the part, but the fact that I didn't mistreat the bike and they accused me of doing so is what's troubling.

So go ahead and do this activity, and be very careful with you bike. Just don't place it on the ground or else it might fall apart, or explode...

1  Thank enkay2015sa

Hello Nima,
Thanks for your review. We are always interested in what our customers have to say, and so your opinion will help us improve our service.
We are very sorry for any inconvenience we could have coused you. Please, understand that we try to be fair with everybody. I can assure you that it wasn't our staff intentions to make you feel mistreated. I apologize for that.
Unfortunately, under our experience, the bike part that broke during your ride is indeed very delicate itself (not only on our bikes, but on any bike) and usually breaks because an accidental hit or misuse of the gears. That is why the part was charged to you.
In case you would grant us another chance, you will be more than welcome to ride with us... this time on the house.
Regards,