“Great location and friendly staff”
Review of Aconcagua Hotel

Aconcagua Hotel
Reviewed 12 April 2012

This little hotel is only a few blocks from the main street. The room and also the bathroom is quite small though, especially the shower, it is the type which is not fully enclosed, there was just a shower curtain, so we always ended up have a flooded bathroom after showers. For the price they charged, ~80USD, it think it is acceptable. All the staff are very helpful.

As other reviewers has said, you cannot turn on or off the heating in the room, I think the staff adjust this, as the room was a lot warmer than outside, but by the time we come back from dinner the heating device was cold, I can only assume heating was on.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 15 October 2011

Great location to go exploring vineyards or climbing mountains...yet close enough to high cuisine restaurants. Very attentive staff, helpful with car rental bringing it to the hotel, good restaurant.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 March 2010

After reading the reviews before we left on our trip we found this hotel better than expected. We were lucky to have a room with a lake view on one of the upper floors. This made for a much quieter stay. The room was quite nice as was the bathroon. However, the bath and shower are very small. The breakfast was good and was served in a very pleasant room. We liked the staff and found them to be very helpful. The hotel is in a great location and I would not hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 January 2010

I booked 3 night in the Aconcagua Hotel and finally stayed two. The reason why I left the hotel is for it was a very dissapointing expirience for a 100 dolars single room. I didn't expect an espectacular room at all given the hotel is a 3 stars but I didn't expect either so many problems: 1- when I booked the hotel -by phone from BA- I asked if the heating it will be on all day and they say "yes" -adding that they problably turning down during the day-; that was not true; they turn on the heating after 11 pm during a night of 13 centigrades; when the next night I asked to turning on the heating a man said that it schedules for 11 pm, no excepcions; next morning, the man at the front desk told me that the man who told me that the past night has "the power" of make the decision to turn on the heating; 2- The shower had a hole at the floor level into which the water lick and all the bathroom got filled of water that I could dry with a dryer stick!!!; 3- The bathroom has 2 big towels and 2 small ones; I used only one big and one small; when I returned in the afternoon they gave me the same towels that I used and take away the "extra" big and small towells; 4- There are no shampoo and conditioner; The bathroom was not properly cleanned; 5- I was not able to find how to make a phone call, which was the time for the room service or which was the cancelletion policy; 6- Finallly I decided left the hotel and booked other one; when I asked to the front desk men for the cancelation policy he said: "I don't know what the cancelation policy is"; I asumed he was being sarcastic.

Despite of so many problems, breakfast staff are very friendly. And they have a wonderful gesture: THEY DIDN'T CHARGE ME ANYTHING TO LEAVE THE HOTEL AT 1 PM.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 March 2009

I know that the hotel is cheap, is well located. But what is that bathroom? We couldn't stay more than 1 minute in a shower, it was very small, all the bathroom was underwater after a shower. With 2 kids, it was simply uncomfortable.
We stayed one night in a room facing the city. Terrible night. Noisy.
Then, we moved for one with lake view. The view made me fell much better.
Don't recomend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with family