All reviews penguin colony elephant seals main building animals guide excursions tour
Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

We were part of a group on a cruise ship which booked a tour direct. It was one of the highlights of my trip to South America, Rita our guide was brilliant and made the trip with her entertaining manner on the way.

The highlight is of course the Penguin colony just a short way from the main building. It is difficult not to be in awe of them, many just hanging out!

We were fortunate to have the beach and the penguins to ourselves which was a privilege, our trip also included a delicious lunch as well, a great day out and recommend.

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank TAD520
Reviewed 17 May 2017 via mobile

El Pedral
The service was great. We arrived late in the evening in time for diner. However the inn keeper wasn't informed about my food requirements. Even though dinner was ready upon arrival, another fresh and tasty meal was made especially for me. That's what I call excellent service. The accommodations were fine. Visiting the penguin colony was one of the best experiences of my trip. Day hikes from the lodge were fun. What I liked about El Pedral is that it is off the beaten path with a personal touch. But be prepared for the long ride to and from the airport from Trewlow. However it is well worth the trip. If you love hiking, visiting a penguin rookery, and enjoy the great outdoor yet love your comfort as well, then I would highly recommend you stay at El Pedral.

Date of stay: February 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Julitte, Owner at El Pedral, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2017

I take this opportunity to express my sincere thanks for your warm review of El Pedral.
Thanks for all the details and for the precious time for writting it. Looking forward to welcome you again at El Pedral. My very best regards, J.Decré

Reviewed 18 March 2017 via mobile

An absolutely fantastic trip!
I stayed for a long weekend at El Pedral and I honestly could've stayed much longer. Firstly, the views are spectacular. You are surrounded by beauty and nature, it's a perfect escape from the city.
The moment I arrived I had a very warm welcome by the staff who were so lovely. During my stay I felt so at home, not only because of the fabulous views and comfortable living areas but because the staff were very accommodating. They made so much effort to make my stay more enjoyable. You're able to have your own space and time to relax but if you need a helping hand, the staff are always available.
I was a bit complicated as I have food allergies and the chefs were able to accommodate me without any trouble at all. The food and wine was spectacular, every evening the chef would explain exactly what they'd prepared and it would be presented beautifully and taste delicious.
During the tours I would ask many questions and none were unanswered! The tour guides are extremely knowledgable and the tours are also full of fun and adventure. One afternoon I was going to do one of the mini trekking circuits to the view point, and one of the tour guides offered to keep me company and give me more information on the property (and this was in his free time). I am so thankful for how I was treated and I will definitely be returning.
Ah! The tours... the penguins, my goodness I have never been so close to a penguin in my life! We set off in an old fashioned jeep and began the tour on foot shortly after. The moment we arrived I heard the strangest noises coming from the penguin colony. It's fabulous being able to see the penguins in their natural habitat and listen to how they communicate, then walking over the verge and seeing hundreds of penguins scattered all over the beach was such a so-real feeling. What a fantastic and memorable day! The following day I did a mini trek to see the lighthouse, elephant seals and sea-lions on the beach, I was honestly gobsmacked at how beautiful they are! Again, you are so close but you're not harming or disturbing them in any way whatsoever. The lighthouse is situated by a cliff side and it was great to be able to look out for the Orca whales in the distance, although I wasn't lucky enough to see any, the views were still magnificent.
My room was very spacious and I had a huge comfortable bed with and en-suite so when I wanted to be alone I had the option to stay in my room or the living areas are also very comfortable in the main building.
Thank you to everyone at El Pedral for making my stay incredible! It was extremely therapeutic and I have learnt so much in such a small space of time! I hope to see you in the nearby future before returning back to London! Thanks again :)

Date of stay: March 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
Julitte, Director Comercial at El Pedral, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2018

Thank you so much for your coment Sarah.

Reviewed 15 March 2017

Went on a tour and had lunch at the El Pedral Lodge, a charming 8 room lodge in the middle of nowhere! It is simply beautiful country...only miles from where you can see penguins up close in their natural habitat. We toured the ranch which is massive. It is a working ranch and the staff couldn't be more accommodating. And the lunch was spectacular. In the Argentian fashion, lunch was a huge meal, accompanied by fantastic local wine. We we served lamb, chorizo, chicken and empanadas...the meats were cooked in an open pit. The empanadas were home made. For dessert were were served a fabulous fruit salad. It doesn't get much better.

Room tip: No internet...not TV...a total outdoors experience
Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 8 February 2017

Journey to El Pedral lodge is trip to the diverse flora and fauna of Patagonia,,Visit the Penguin colony established here
El Pedro farm is sheltered by high cliffs that slope down the sea,In addition to Penguins you may encounter foxes guanacos go to the beach of Fossil Ravine with plenty of fossils

Date of stay: January 2017