“Authentic and capable”

Ranked #18 of 334 Restaurants in Salta
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 27 February 2018

I first at at Jovi (near Plaza Güemes) a few years ago. It was recommended to me by a resident of Salta to whom I expressed my desire for something other than the ubiquitous beef. I had the pork chops with house-made applesauce, and they were delicious--more than just to me, and more than my first two times. Others I sent (with notes to help them order) were equally happy. The service always depends on whom you get as a server, but never has dipped below acceptable, and often has been excellent. Jovi has a huge menu that includes meat (including rabbit), seafood, and pizzas. I've never had room for dessert, so I can't comment on that. There's quite a selection of wines by the bottle, and the house offerings aren't bad, either. Various salads are offered; but don't look for much in the way of vegetables: Argentina's traditional cuisine favors carnivores. All in all, Jovi offers nice-tasting meals along with a taste of Argentina: most of its customers are from here--including kids; the place is family friendly. Yes, there are touristy places: they charge more, and you'll get less value for your money. I haven't had (or tasted) anything I wouldn't gladly eat again; but I still recommend those pork chops!

1  Thank Bill M

Reviewed 29 January 2018

This is the second of my tales of two restaurants, the other, Dona Salta, was written a few minutes ago. Jovi is not a tourist trap. Most of the patrons are locals. Knowledge of English is very limited. It is about 5 blocks from the central square. The street was not very busy and one can sit outside on the pavement or inside where the fans were humming. I don't remember if there was airco but I think not. My Bife de Chorizo was well cooked and tender and the choice of wines was better than at Dona Salta. On top of all this they accept Mastercard! What more does one want?

Reviewed 31 December 2017 via mobile

We came here without too much expectation as the main draw was that it's not too far from our hotel. We have tried quite many restaurants in our extended visit in Argentina by now, and the bife de chorizo was cooked to the way we wanted. But my first bite was way too salty. The green salad with avocado was average. The complimentary beans and eggplant appetizer wasn't bad. No disappointment here, and our waiter was very friendly to us.

Reviewed 5 November 2017

We ate as a group of 6 this evening. We ordered 3 steak dishes and salad between us which were delicious. Drank estancia Cabernet and torrentes 2 1/2 bottles in total plus some water
House flan good for pudding bill came to 1835$ plus tip - good value
Busy buzzy restaurant

Reviewed 5 November 2017

Good dishes, excellent food, great variety of local wines. Fair prices.
Good place to eat typically in Salta.