“Delicious steak and the BEST empanadas.”
Review of Dona Salta

Dona Salta
Ranked #7 of 334 Restaurants in Salta
Cuisines: Argentinian
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 27 June 2018

Steak cooked perfectly - medium rare. Amazing vegetable salad and the best empanadas. We ordered cheese and beef and they didn’t disappoint. At first upon arriving at the restaurant it appeared very touristy. However, it didn’t take long and it was filled with locals which is always a good sign. Huge portion of steak and salad enough for two to share. Definitely go back if we ever return.

1  Thank Kathy1256
Write a ReviewReviews (3,095)

Reviewed 16 May 2018 via mobile

I had the chorizo. Very good piece of meat, and huge. But you have to order a side dish in order to have a meal. My girlfriend had a traditional dish, less good than the steak. Location is good, can't pay with Mastercard. Visa is allowed.

1  Thank jacques869
Reviewed 13 May 2018

Food is great, I can mostly recommend humita and empanadas. However the service barely paid attention to me as a woman, they kept on serving my boyfriend first, gave him the bill, didn't pay attention when I was calling and that drove me insane.

1  Thank Pauline G
Reviewed 13 May 2018 via mobile

We had dinner at Dona Salta twice during our stay in Salta. It has a really authentic feel about it and serves a mix of regional Argentinian dishes along with typical steak etc. Their empanadas were pretty good too. Would recommend a visit.

1  Thank Angela B
Reviewed 9 May 2018 via mobile

We’ve been in the region for a week and this was one of our best meals. The lomo di chorizo (thick sirloin steak) was delicious. It’s quite big. Cooked at “a punto”, it came out medium rare. It also cost only about $12 for the steak. You need to order side dishes separately. The empanadas were also really good.

The house wind is cheap but not great.

There is English on the menu.

1  Thank Susan L