“Greek and Italian choices are both great”
Review of Milano's Pizzeria

Milano's Pizzeria
Ranked #213 of 1,077 Restaurants in Mesa
Price range: USD 5 - USD 15
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean, Bar
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Milano's Pizzeria started out as Papa Jay's Pizza in 1971 next to Arizona State University. As the east valley expanded, Papa Jay's moved with it, finally ending up on the corner of Val Vista and Baseline in Gilbert. In May 2004, Papa Jay's closed its doors, re-opening as Milano's Pizzeria on McKellips and Greenfield in North East Mesa. The new restaurant preserved the old Italian favorites from Papa Jay's and added healthy Mediterranean options such as hummus and taboule that are made fresh daily. This new concept was such a success that in only nine short months, the original restaurant that only had seating for 42 people expanded to accommodate 124. Not willing to stop there, the bar was remodeled to expand seating for more patrons. At Milano's we offer a full service dine-in restaurant, full bar, take-out as well as delivery. We also offer outdoor seating on our patio for you to enjoy our beautiful Arizona days and nights. If you have a big corporate or family event we also have a
Reviewed 8 August 2017

The food and service are always great at Bellagio'. I love the gyros and calzones. Great flavors and a variety of choices.

Reviewed 20 May 2017

We went for a weekday dinner. It was early and it just had a few tables taken. I ordered a chicken bowl. It was filled with rice and chicken. It had a wonderful mix of flavors that tantalized my taste buds. So much so that I ordered a few breadsticks. Boy the breadsticks were wonderful! I would have been happy as a pig in poop, with about a dozen breadsticks and nothing else. They are only $1.25 for two! Yummy! My husband had a wrap of some sort, but I think he liked my bowl better. The ambience was really romantic. I would love to return for date night.

Reviewed 19 April 2017

Love their special cheese manicotti. Lunch serving size is very filling as it comes with salad and breadsticks. Highly recommend this place - eat here every time I come in town.

Reviewed 14 February 2017

Weird mix of Greek and Italian. Obviously both Mediterran flares but still odd to see both combined on one menu. Food was ok. Service was fine. Live music was a nice touch.

Reviewed 2 February 2017

Was tempted with a Groupon to try this place again since we hadn't been there for at least 10-15 years. We gave it another chance and won't be going back. Ordered the chicken shish kabob and gyro plates. The food was barely average. The shish kebob looked like it was grilled, but was bland tasting and no spices. The rice was plain, white rice without any flavoring too. The gyro meat tasted fine.
Now about the service - it was rushed, like we were bothering the staff. Got there about 5-5:15pm and there were only 2 tables occupied. Since it wasn't busy, I was surprised that the hostess (aka bartender) and waitresses weren't very interested in us, their customers. When our dinners arrived, the waitress crowded the plates onto the table and didn't take away the empty appetizer plate. No one asked how the appetizer tasted. Ice tea was refilled once and water was never refilled. As the waitress was passing by our table she asked how our dinner was, but didn't wait for the answer. By that point, we were almost done with our food.