All reviews light rail no elevator microwave and fridge seen better days phoenix area an older hotel the room was nice cereal
Reviewed 16 December 2011

I was initialy leery, since the prices were *so* good online, beating other area hotels hands down, but took a chance due to the high reviews on Trip Advisor.
The hotel is just down from the nicer area of Mesa, but as anyone who knows the area knows, one block looks pretty, the next, not so much. This one is in a "not so pretty" block. And it really doesn't help for looks that their neighbor has barbed wire on the top of the fencing. But I felt safe enough to be here, and was impressed with how many cameras were watching the property from the front desk (at least 9). The entrances around the building require a door key to get in.

The rooms are very basic, but *clean*. Like, brand new furniture kind of clean. It looks like they went through, gutted the property, and redid everything. The bathroom was clean, and had granite and marble, and was unexpected and nice. The amenities are basic, but I bring my own shampoos and whatnots. Honestly, for this price range, if they just keep the rooms spotless and the rates reasonable, we will for sure be back!
And to boot, the people are friendly. I believe I got a "God Bless you" twice as I left the building when we were in and out during our stay. They treated me as a valued customer.

FYI to moms out there: we got a room with a king bed, and the "closet" area in the bathroom is just big enough to fit a pack-and-play in. So, if your little one won't sleep if s/he can see anyone(like ours does), this is a nice privacy bonus. It's a tight fit, though; you have to remove the ironing board and all, and fully open the playpen once it's in place (the door is not wide enough to just roll it in).
All in all, good job guys! This is our new budget-hotel pick for the Mesa area!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Adrianas6
Reviewed 11 December 2011

In October of this year , my Husband and Handi cap Mom & I stayed one night at the Clarion by the Phoenix airport , I searched most all hotel from mid priced to high , best deal and quality was the Clarion ,minutes away from the airport and had the best price . we came from Tucson so to play it safe to make are flight we wanted to spend the night and park our car for 10 days . It was actually cheaper than then parking at the airport . We arrived about 4:00 pm checked in they had choc chip cookies in bags waitng for us , they have a continental breakfast , cereal , eggs make your own waffles , eggs could be better , but we where greatfull for good coffee & with flavored creamers and a ride to the airport ! Came back they picked us up , and our car was safe !!! Thank you Jesus will stay again !!! Oh rooms and beds are very nice !!!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Tom B
Reviewed 10 November 2011

A friend and I spent 7 nights at this motel and are VERY pleased with everything. It has everything we expect from a motel/hotel. Check in and check out was very fast. The room was VERY clean and comfortable. Wonderful beds with lots of pillows. Very comfortable!! Plenty of large fluffy towels and plenty of soaps, shampoo etc. Our room had a Microwave and fridg. in excellent working condition. The room was spotless! Clean Clean Clean. The breakfast was sufficient with plenty of choices. It was very clean. We always felt safe staying there. There was someone at the front desk 24/7. There is a big security camera at the front desk and they can see everything in any part of the motel. The staff was wonderful and very helpful in every way. The owner, Reuban is wonderful. Always available and willing to help. His picture with his family is uploaded with his permission.
All in all, our stay was wonderful and the next time we are in Mesa, we will certainly stay at this Clarion.. Thank you Reub and staff..

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Karen S
Reviewed 26 October 2011

This older property has been nicely updated, and the room was clean and what I would expect from a Clarion Hotel, with comfortable bedding and standard amenities. Check-in and check-out were handled efficiently and cordially. Rates were excellent for the room quality. I would stay here again. The main downside is that this property is located in a not-so-good, somewhat decrepit neighborhood. The manager and staff were personable and went out of their way to deliver good service and to thank me for my business. I am a Choice Privileges Diamond level member (top tier) but do not know if that had anything to do with the excellent service I received or not.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 October 2011

Spent nearly two weeks here while searching for a trailer park in which to play snowbird. This property is CLEAN, the rates outstanding, and the staff very helpful. The neighborhood is no different than any older area of any city, and as safe as any.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple