“Out of business ”

Pita Island
Ranked #505 of 1,075 Restaurants in Mesa
Cuisines: Greek
Reviewed 28 July 2016 via mobile

I really like this place the food was great decor was nice this restaurant should have been a sit St and order instead of order at the counter the staff were very friendly sorry they are not in business anymore.

Reviewed 21 April 2016

The gyro meat was dry. That was enough to keep me from coming again. There was no ambiance as we were the only ones there for most of the time. Service was okay, not all that friendly, but relatively quick. Of course, with us being the only ones there that doesn't really say much. It just wasn't that great of an experience and I won't be going back.

Reviewed 22 January 2016

We've been looking for good Greek style food and tried out their gyros for lunch. Good spiced gyro meat, but the sauce could use a bit more "zing". We'll be back to try out their dinner dishes and sides.

Reviewed 18 June 2015

We had to come back again when were down visiting. I wish we would have stopped by more often it is still great. You can tell the owner takes massive pride in his food and service. Everyone needs to try it!

1  Thank Tom T
Reviewed 19 January 2015

Wife and I decided to see if the hummus was any good - you can usually tell a place by its hummus, so we walked in. The fellow behind the counter was very friendly, and he was also very proud of his product - in a good way. We ordered hummus to start with. My wife also ordered the falafel pita while I had the giro. The hummus was brought out - a very generous serving, with warm pita. As a bonus, we were also given a sample of the jalapeno cilantro hummus - both are very tasty.

The falafel pita - excellent. The falafels were crisp on the outside and tender inside, and were very tasty.

The giro pita - also excellent. The meat was sliced paper thin and had some lemon juice on it to give it a nice hit of acid.

Will definitely be going back soon.

2  Thank Paul N