“Nothing like it in UK ”
Review of Salt River Tubing

Salt River Tubing
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Pay 17 dollars, pick up an old truck tube, load into an old school bus then launch onto the river with like minded loons. Just be aware if it’s runs fast you might catch a bush and lose expensive sunglasses - one of our group did, take plenty of sunscreen and be aware it’s a minimum of two hours and the pick up points are spaced out. Spectacular views, meet some real mentalists along the river / it’s a party atmosphere for young and old.

We would all do this again

2  Thank adehut
"bring sunscreen"
"great fun"
in 19 reviews

Reviewed 13 June 2018 via mobile

Pack some waters! For the long float, 4 or 5 beers is enough along with your snacks. AN old sheet for covering your tube is great to have, but if you are active, you can just keep splashing water on it to avoid burning yourself. When approaching rapids, MAKE SURE YOU'RE IN THE CENTER OF THE RIVER!! This is especially important for larger groups floating together. Be VERY careful at the exit point #4. There is fairly fast water and lots of round rocks and shallow water that make it difficult to dismount after your 4 or 5 beers. Stay alert and the float will offer many sights of wildlife. Wild Horses,many different bird species and even some fish jumping. The staff is very kind and helpful and this float is a wonderful day trip! We plan to go again!

3  Thank Kelley S
Reviewed 12 June 2018

As others have written, this tubing experience can be enjoyable but one must be smart to ensure safety. Some go into this thinking it's a Disney ride without rules (or so they believe) and drink, toke, and joke. The river is no joke - it has strong currents, eddies and whirlpools. If in a group, bring some rope or bungees and strap your tubes together for added stability. Stay in your tube as much as possible - if you slip out to take a quick "dip" in the deeper water it could be your last. (Referencing "weathersmetcalf" review below from a week ago, a man drowned - it was on the Sunday that we were there and we saw the sheriff's airboat flying down the river, performing CPR on the drowned victim. The man had slipped out of his tube to retrieve an empty tube and became exhausted fighting in the current - under the water he went and by the time he was discovered it was too late.) There are many such stories in other reviews... With all this being said, though, it can still be a fun adventure - - again, if one is smart and cautious. We saw lots of wild horses by the river's edge, cliff dwelling birds, etc. (Also saw people cliff diving/jumping - not sure how smart that is but obviously they do so at their own risk and one would hope they already know the river's depth & currents at those points.)
**NOTE: if you're in need of supplies like sunscreen, water, etc., and you plan on picking them up on the way just before you arrive, be sure to stop at the Walgreen's on N. Power Rd @ E. Eagle Crest Dr. & E. Thomas Road - there is nothing past this point, and we saw quite a few cars on the way discover this and turn around.**

3  Thank LVaccare
Reviewed 11 June 2018

Friendly staff. You will run into interesting people! Overall, very positive adventure. Tubes can flip!! The rapids are very fun but be extra careful! Our tube flipped and everything went in the water!

1  Thank Gay N
See more reviews
Reviewed 6 June 2018 via mobile

We had a great experience floating the Salt River. Salt River Tubing was efficient and although crowded by noon, arriving at opening was the best! However. I caution anyone that assumes that this is an easy float. For the most part it is, but Mother Nature reminds you. Use life jackets, remain close to a buddy or friends, don’t assume anything until you are fully out of the water current. Especially under the bridge at Stop #2. Don’t get so drunk/high you forget these things. I would consider myself a strong swimmer, yet too easily found myself stuck in a current in 6 foot of water, off my raft and in the strength of my efforts-couldn’t help myself. Luckily, my husband was within reach of me. 98% of this float is amazingly calm. Don’t forget the 2. There isn’t rescue staff or lifeguards wandering the banks obviously, don’t lose sight of that. I floated Friday & Sun a man drowned right around this specific spot I’m talking about. I had no life jacket, as did almost everyone I saw. I’d not do it again without one, that’s my best advise.

3  Thank weathersmetcalf