Open today: 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
Review Highlights
great time for a few hours

You'll have to be tolerant of the 20-somethings and their loud music. But definitely a fun way to... read more

Reviewed 1 October 2018
John O
Chicago, Illinois
Fun way to spend 2 hrs to whole day

I finally got around to seeing this place. Went on a weekday after school started and that’s the... read more

Reviewed 16 August 2018
TravelinSuz
Chandler, Arizona

Recommended experiences in and around Mesa
from USD 14.00
More Info
All reviews wild horses water shoes bus ride tube rental drop off point rent tubes bring plenty fitted sheet black tubes stay cool hour trip ice chest bring sunscreen cool off fun adventure great trip great fun
Reviewed 11 June 2018

Friendly staff. You will run into interesting people! Overall, very positive adventure. Tubes can flip!! The rapids are very fun but be extra careful! Our tube flipped and everything went in the water!

1  Thank Gay N
Reviewed 6 June 2018 via mobile

We had a great experience floating the Salt River. Salt River Tubing was efficient and although crowded by noon, arriving at opening was the best! However. I caution anyone that assumes that this is an easy float. For the most part it is, but Mother Nature reminds you. Use life jackets, remain close to a buddy or friends, don’t assume anything until you are fully out of the water current. Especially under the bridge at Stop #2. Don’t get so drunk/high you forget these things. I would consider myself a strong swimmer, yet too easily found myself stuck in a current in 6 foot of water, off my raft and in the strength of my efforts-couldn’t help myself. Luckily, my husband was within reach of me. 98% of this float is amazingly calm. Don’t forget the 2. There isn’t rescue staff or lifeguards wandering the banks obviously, don’t lose sight of that. I floated Friday & Sun a man drowned right around this specific spot I’m talking about. I had no life jacket, as did almost everyone I saw. I’d not do it again without one, that’s my best advise.

3  Thank weathersmetcalf
Reviewed 4 June 2018

It's tubing...on a river. Right. In principle brill, but read about the casualties. So - excellent at standing in line to pay and get your tube, excellent at being herded properly in line onto buses by 'helpers'. So bus drops you off at which ever river entry you choose and .........where are the 'supervising' staff??? No-where.
A long river, full tubing trip takes 4 hours, 3 entry points and several 'stopping' places, a number of rapids of varying degrees....where are the watchers/ life guards and emergency helping staff along the way????? NOWHERE.
It's a river, with strong currents and hundreds of 'ppl' enjoying themselves with plenty of beer and whatever 'smokes' go their way. Look at the comments, people die and are injured. Last week a 16 & a 24 year old, brothers, drowned. The water is treachorous.

4 in our party and a tube for the cool box, we roped together for security of cool box and stability. OK Until we got to the main rapids and the current pushed us a little off centre regardless of how we tried to paddle away. It smashed us into a mid stream tree bank. Upended one of our tubes and occupant was washed away, banging and scraping along the rocky river bed. We 3, remainder, managed to twist away leaving a bloke already squished to the trees before us (hope he was OK), our cool box was upended and two more of us were out of our tubes, just holding on , having to go with the fast current, shoes, hats and beers swimming along with us. First member of our party, strong man, managed to crawl ashore that we could see as we were rushed past. Shortly the bank opened out, lots of people there, checking themselves over. We tried to reach shore but having lost our shoes we couldn't grip the slippery stones or, worse, fight the current. In the end we had to float on until the river wasn't so severe and limp ashore. Immediately setting forth to find our missing person having managed to retrieve 4 shoes from the water, for 4 of us, so rescue was possible. It was more than obvious that we were just some of many many people that this happens to. The number of solo floating cool boxes says a lot, let alone disshevelled & upset tubers. SO WHERE are the staff that should be monitoring areas like this?????? NO-WHERE, NONE, ZILCH........in this land of 'protecting' the people. Read the reviews - people die here. I think you will find life guards on the big tourist beaches of the US.
Having regrouped with our heavily scraped and battered lost person we carried on, no way out anyway, there was no apparent way of how to contact the 'main base' should you need. No 'help' signs, no alarms or anything. Sure further down stream an airboat of sheriffs zipped up and down, for what good they did.

So if you are one of the many lucky ones who stayes midstream and upright in the early 'big set' of rapids, great, it's fabulous. If we hadn't had our "bad experience" we wouldn't have known any different, we wouldn't have lost, hats, shoes, sandwiches, a wedding ring (through trying to hold on for dear life to a tree trunk) we would have had a great picnic further down stream and not burnt our feet struggling along the bank at the 'exit' area over scorching rocks and pebbles.....and still NO HELPERS to help you ashore and take your tubes out of the water with hundreds of people all trying to do the same thing. A few sheriffs there though to make sure everyone behaves!!
So wear shoes that stay on securely. Make sure you can swim well, don't drink too much. You wouldn't believe what we saw on our way thru!
Health & safety wise this is the worst tubing ever and we have enjoyed tubing on many sites around the world. There WILL be more accidents and deaths on this fun river tubing - is it likely to be you?

2  Thank Carol W
Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

My friends rescued two young men drowning!
They fell off their tubes and got caught in the whirl pool dragging them under! It took hours but they emergency rescue came! The one young man was air lifted to the hospital.

Date of experience: May 2018
7  Thank Willamina2014
Reviewed 2 June 2018 via mobile

We did the 2 hour Kayak trip with this group. Could not believe this river was in Central Arizona. The staff was very friendly. We will be back again.