“Awesome ”
Review of Salt River Tubing

Salt River Tubing
Reviewed 20 January 2018 via mobile

The kayaking was amazing on this river. The wild horses were plentiful and unconcerned about human "intruders." We enjoyed swimming and the scenery cannot be topped. It was a little crowded though.

Date of experience: July 2017
"great trip"
"great fun"
in 19 reviews

Reviewed 7 December 2017

We rented our Tubes in Mesa and took their Shuttle Bus to the drop off point, my wife and I and 3 Grandchildren. I am familiar with the Salt River below the Lake and have often driven by this area and watched the Tubers mosey down the River, so I thought it would be perfect for our visiting Grandchildren as the river is. Pretty lazy, I tied their tubes to ours, so I could keep an eye on them and not let them wonder on their. Own the ride down stream was perfect, the only negative was so many young people that seemed to have Drank more than their share of whatever it was they were drinking, some pretty fowl Language, my grandchildren didn’t seem to notice or complain, but then I really knew we would run into some of this behavior . Would recommend it, but you must realize you won’t be alone with this venue

Date of experience: August 2017
6  Thank palomah1
Reviewed 15 November 2017

Salt River Tubing is something everyone should try at least once in your life. I have made a practice of doing this at least once a year since 1995. Bring plenty of drinks as you will need to keep hydrated, and anything made with glass is prohibited. Always wear proper shoes that you don't care to much about as you will be in rocks, water and more often than not, muddy rocks in the water.

Inter-tubes should be rented from Salt River Tubing and then they will provide a bus ride up to the top of the Salt River and you tube down. Extra inter-tubes can be used for coolers filled with the items needed for hydration that I mentioned earlier. A camera is always nice as there are usually drunk ladies on the trip down the river looking and working for beads. wink, wink, nod, nod.

Date of experience: May 2017
5  Thank AzUhl
Reviewed 17 October 2017

A group of friends and myself spent the afternoon floating down the river through Salt River Tubing. The water is crystal clear and nice and chilly against the rough heat of Arizona. They allowed us to bring speakers and coolers on the tubes. There were a lot of groups on the river the day we went. It was one of my best Arizona memories! Keep your eye out for the wild horses.

Date of experience: June 2017
1  Thank meghanjansen
See more reviews
Reviewed 12 October 2017

Great way to cool off and enjoy the Sonorian Desert. Water level and flow of the river depends on the amount of water being released from the dam. Fun bus runs from Memorial Day to Labor Day weekend. Tube rentals available so you don't need to buy one. Make sure you bring sun screen. Please pack-in/pack out garbage. Don't polute the beautiful river or banks. Don't wear anything that you don't want to lose. You will need shoes that stay on your feet as you will have to walk in the water and there are big rocks. Coolers are allowed-no glass. You will get wet. You might even luck out and see the wild horses on the banks. College students and alcohol regularly. Party area so you decide appropriateness for children but all ages are enjoying the river. Sheriff often has alcohol testing sites on both roads leaving the river so don't drink and drive.

Date of experience: June 2017