“Fresh and good ”

Seafood Market and Restaurant
Ranked #104 of 980 Restaurants in Mesa
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 24 October 2016 via mobile

I went here for a business lunch with locals. I would definitely go back. I had the special fried fish tacos that was very lightly battered and light. My colleagues had trout and grilled salmon. They also enjoyed their meals. The bread came toasted and was served with butter. It looked good, but I'm trying to stay away from a lot of carbs, so didn't eat my tortillas either. Who would have thought.... fish at place far from the coast. They have great ways to transport seafood today.

Reviewed 6 October 2016

I've eaten hear a 2 or 3 times over the last several years and my experience is always a good one. food is top notch and service is great

Reviewed 21 September 2016 via mobile

Went here for lunch with my mom I had a bowl of calm chowder soup and she had a fish sandwich. My soup was great and I tried mom's fish sandwich it was awesome! The service was very friendly too ☺

Reviewed 24 July 2016

We went there years ago when they first opened and we didn't care for it. We were so excited that we had a seafood restaurant near our home. Of course, the fact that we are so far way from the sea means that I don't have the same expectations as say a coastal state, but there are other ones in Arizona that are good. We had not gone back and to this restaurant in ten years, so we decided to give it a try again. It has not improved. We didn't hate the food, but it was disappointing. It was definitely average. No better than than if we ordered something like what we ordered from Denny's or any other average chain restaurant. The clam chowder was okay, but I sort of tasted flour, like you would in white country gravy. We tried two kinds of po' boys, the crab cake and the catfish fried in corn meal. I have had great po' boys off of food trucks in California that blow these out of the water, so to speak. These were dry and boring. The tartar sauce looks like plain mayonnaise and do sent taste very good. The sliced tomatoes on the side were very small and did not cover half the length of the sandwich. It was another disappointing meal at The Seafood Market. We will not be giving it a third try.

1  Thank Linda S
Reviewed 20 June 2016

Had supper there for the first time since we moved to the valley. My wife ordered the Walleye & I had the Wild Alaskan King Salmon with Clam Strips as an appetizer.

The food was excellent, the server, Stephan, was there as soon as we sat down and took care of our order, made suggestions on the menu and described everything in detail. The food came out in a timely manner and was everything we expected.

Decor reminded you of the McGrath's chain, which went out of business a couple years ago, but it was very tastefully done and lent just the right ambiance to the experience.

Definitely will return.