“Great menu.”

Ranked #100 of 1,049 Restaurants in Mesa
Price range: USD 5 - USD 12
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Healthy
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Description: Welcome to Pita Jungle, the quintessential new American cuisine restaurant that expresses various culinary diets. Pita Jungle has a very large selection of vegan options from appetizer to entrees as well as tapas. Other menu items are salads, dips, pastas, pizzas, healthy burgers, pitas, wraps as well as wood-fired fish and chicken dishes to produce signature dishes that are healthy, fresh, made from scratch, and in many instances vegetarian, vegan, low calorie and gluten free. Pita Jungle also offers a healthy kid's menu. Boutique wines and beer available. Casual nice sit-in dining.
Reviewed 1 March 2017 via mobile

We had a great meal and great service.
Atmosphere was a little bland for me.
We really liked the food. The servers and hostess were awesome. Not rushed. Orderly and great presentation.
Fresh food! Nothing canned.
Just an awesome experience.

Reviewed 8 February 2017

The atmosphere inside the restaurant is similar to the one that you find in some shelters.
They have an external patio, but is not yet in use being in the Winter season.
I order a cup of tomato-basil soup and arrived cold after long time. The soups of the day are always ready and hot in a kitchen, evidently the server forgot my soup in the kitchen counter. The flavor of the soup was messy without a clean and fresh flavor like a tomato-basil soup is suppose to have.
I also order the plain Hummus with kafta (ground beef). Hummus is a chick peas puree
with some flavors (garlic, etc.). What I receive was a small plate with a thin layer of hummus spread on the dish and with a table spoon of a ground beef preparation in top. The hummus flavor was ok, but the ground beef preparation was edible, but nothing very attractive. The quantity of the ground beef was to small for the price of 10.79 dollars that the server wanted to bill to me, despite that in the menu was listed at 9.79. The justification of the server was that the menu prices were increased. But a serious and professional restaurant can not bill you a new price without changing the prices in the men first. She took out the dollar, but even at $ 9.79 the dish was very expensive for a thin layer of a chic peas puree with a table spoon of ground beef served in a small dish. In top of all of the above the pita bread on the side was partially
uncooked (that means that is missing a quality control in the kitchen).

ThePitaJungle, Guest Relations Manager at Pita Jungle, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2017

Hi Ferdipet, thank you very much for sharing your feedback with us, it is truly appreciated. We are very sorry you did not thoroughly enjoy your visit with us and we will be looking into these issues to ensure they don't happen again. That being said, this is not the quality of food or level of service we fully expect from our team and we would love the opportunity to try and make this right for you. Would you please email me at kevin@pitajungle.com so I can get into direct contact with you? Thank you again for bringing these issues to our attention and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Reviewed 8 November 2016

We had great service and delicious food! The serving sizes are plentiful. Great food at a good price.

Reviewed 7 November 2016 via mobile

The menu was so enormous that it was difficult to choose an entree. We decided on the portabella mushroom burger, California beach wrap and a burger with pomegranate molasses. All of the food was fresh and wonderful. A man performing with an acoustic guitar was taking requests. It did take a while to get our bill, however several people checked to see if we needed drink refills during our dinner. We had a delightful dining experience and will plan to visit again.

Reviewed 18 October 2016

You have to love a place that reinvents itself.
Pita Jungle has been around for a long time, and my visit there yesterday impressed me again with their inventive cuisine and dedication to fantastic food!

We went there and had a number of items..

Dolmathes - light and fresh.. I could eat these for days!
Gyro - my favorite. The lamb was tender and moist.. just what you'd expect. There was a perfect balance with the complimenting ingredients.. AWESOME.

Seared Ahi and Hummus - wow! That was a treat. The seasoning they use is superb.
Chicken and hummus - always a winner!

I love this place.