“Delicious!”

Ranked #94 of 1,013 Restaurants in Mesa
Price range: USD 5 - USD 12
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Healthy
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Description: Welcome to Pita Jungle, the quintessential new American cuisine restaurant that expresses various culinary diets. Pita Jungle has a very large selection of vegan options from appetizer to entrees as well as tapas. Other menu items are salads, dips, pastas, pizzas, healthy burgers, pitas, wraps as well as wood-fired fish and chicken dishes to produce signature dishes that are healthy, fresh, made from scratch, and in many instances vegetarian, vegan, low calorie and gluten free. Pita Jungle also offers a healthy kid's menu. Boutique wines and beer available. Casual nice sit-in dining.
Reviewed 8 November 2016

We had great service and delicious food! The serving sizes are plentiful. Great food at a good price.

Reviewed 7 November 2016 via mobile

The menu was so enormous that it was difficult to choose an entree. We decided on the portabella mushroom burger, California beach wrap and a burger with pomegranate molasses. All of the food was fresh and wonderful. A man performing with an acoustic guitar was taking requests. It did take a while to get our bill, however several people checked to see if we needed drink refills during our dinner. We had a delightful dining experience and will plan to visit again.

Reviewed 18 October 2016

You have to love a place that reinvents itself.
Pita Jungle has been around for a long time, and my visit there yesterday impressed me again with their inventive cuisine and dedication to fantastic food!

We went there and had a number of items..

Dolmathes - light and fresh.. I could eat these for days!
Gyro - my favorite. The lamb was tender and moist.. just what you'd expect. There was a perfect balance with the complimenting ingredients.. AWESOME.

Seared Ahi and Hummus - wow! That was a treat. The seasoning they use is superb.
Chicken and hummus - always a winner!

I love this place.

Reviewed 27 July 2016

I was unfamiliar with the Pita Jungle chain of restaurants in the Phoenix area. A nice chain from burger and chicken joints. Loved the Philly Steak Pita at a VERY reasonable price. The grilled vegetable salad was also very good. While I am not well versed on Greek cuisine, I could find plenty to enjoy.

Reviewed 9 November 2015

Was staying with a friend who swears by this place. I had the tuna pita and the hummus for appetizer. Hummus was very good. Tuna was okay, way way too many raw onions chopped up in it. Those need to be sliced up finer. Not chunks. My main problem with this place was the service. They were friendly but we were served our food without silverware and had to flag down someone to get them, which was no easy thing. Then, when it was time to get the bill, again the trouble we had trying to flag someone, anyone, down to get our bill was crazy. And the place wasn't really busy. It was a Saturday afternoon. Maybe half the place was occupied, if that. Prices were reasonable. Free refills on the Guava Lemonade (which really just tasted like lemonade hold the Guava.) Not too impressed. But again my friend who lives in Mesa brought me here and frequents this place a lot. So maybe it's not as bad as I thought....

1  Thank Steve H
ThePitaJungle, Guest Relations Manager at Pita Jungle, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2015

Hi Steve,

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback with us, we truly appreciate it. We are very sorry to hear your did not thoroughly enjoy your recent visit with us. We would love the opportunity to try and make this right for you. Would you please email us at service(at)pitajungle(dot)com with the date/time of your visit along with a description of your server? We are highly confident you can find many things on our menu that you will truly love. Additionally, if you are ever unhappy with your meal, please tell your server and they would be happy to replace it with something else or remove it from your bill. We will of course be looking into these issues and doing everything we can to ensure they don't happen again. Thank you again for your time and we look forward to hearing from you soon.