All reviews main bedroom two floors single bed iguazu falls air conditioning small hotel first floor private balcony quiet location bus station restaurants and bars nice swimming pool couple of nights loft town argentina jungle
Reviewed 3 April 2011

I arrived in a rush at Los Troncos trying to pack in as much as I could within the 24 hours I had to see the falls. Sofia gave me the best, WARMEST welcome I have received on all of my trip to South America staying at a range of places. Her friendliness and helpful attitude appeared to be quite contageous as the rest of the staff too were eager to lend a hand without being obtrusive. The welcome drink later that evening when I arrived back from visiting the falls was a great bonus and super delicious - don't miss out on that! The rooms were enormous and very clean! Air-con very efficient. Easy to find and within easy walking distance of the bus station should you wish to make use of public transport. I arranged for a taxi to pick me up the next morning and again Sofia and her team showed what great hosts they were - they invited the cabbie in and offered him a nice cup of coffee. Nothing seemed too much trouble for my hosts. Oh, and before I forget, I decided to eat at the restaurant instead of venturing into town again because it was raining - service was impeccable! Very professional indeed. I highly recommend this hotel. Only (very small) critique I have is that the wi-fi connection in the room was very poor. Otherwise top marks!! Thanks Sofia
PS. I understood that the place may undergo a name change soon (??new owners by any chance??), but I hope that with that there will be no change to the format and ways in which they do things now and that Sofia will stay in charge of this establishment. Also, I hope that with the name change all these positive reviews (which I can see why poeple want to post these remarks) will not be overlooked or simply disappear.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 March 2011

We stayed for 3 nights at Las Troncos because the reviews all mention the friendliness and the helpfulness. It's on the edge of town, about 10 mins walk in, and you neeed to be careful on the strange surface of the road. (But - to be fair - we came across some very strange surfaces in Argentina!). Sofie and her staff are VERY VERY helpful!
The accommodation is on two levels and very spacious,if a little on the primitive side but - to be fair - everything you need is there! (and I mean everything!) We used the in house cafe/restaurant allthough they do not in any way push it. It was adaquate and reasonable if not quite up to the standard you could find in the town. The whole place exudes this friendly laid back atmosphere which goes hand in hand with the "jungle" feeling - albeit with lovely swimming pool and tropical verandas and patios!
We found that you need one day to do justice to the Argentinian side of the Falls - this is a full day! On our second day the hotel arranged a taxi who took us to the Itaipu dam (second largest in the world) and then on to the Brazilian side of the Falls. The driver left us for 2 and a half hours here, and you get a different view and perspective of these fantastic falls. (the taxi for the whole day was very reasonable and he whisked us through the border - no need for Brazilian money)
If you come all this way to see this "wonder of the world" then we felt that it was well worth seeing them from both sides. It rains though - just be prepared and the sun soon comes out again!!

Reviewed 12 March 2011

Thanks to Sofia and Marianne and all the other staff for making our time at Los Troncos such a special one . We stayed 16th - 19th Feb and enjoyed every minute of our stay .
Sofia set out the best ways to visit parks , arranged for us to be picked up at Brazilian side and was really committed to making sure we had a great time . Exceptional service .
Rooms are fantastic and the food at the restaurant , breakfast and dinner was great .
Just a fantastic place
Look no further on your visit to the falls .

Reviewed 26 February 2011

Sophie, the owner, has created a blissful spot in the middle of the jungle. The place is unusual but gorgeous and not many places are so unique. From the welcoming kisses from Sophie and Andrea to the final goodbye it was a most enjoyable stay. The restaurant is amazing .. great food, great drinks and great staff.

Reviewed 20 February 2011

Beautiful jungle setting, large rooms, fabulous staff. We would recommend this hotel to anyone. Great value! Thank you Sophie.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family