See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 14 March 2015

I stayed here with two friends for just two nights, spending one full day on the Argentinian side of the falls. Lorena is really friendly and speaks great english. The room was really nicely decorated with attractive pictures and earthy colours. It's modest, not showy, but that suits the area and the style of the cabanas. If you like swanky hotels then this isn't for you. If you like something that feels closer to nature - in a good way - then it's great. The beds were the comfiest we found on our whole two week travels in Argentina. It is quite pricey but I think things are generally more expensive in this tourist hub of an area! Claudio the taxi driver was extremely helpful and took us to and from the falls and restaurants. Not sure if that's the cheapest way to do it but it certainly made it all very easy, and between three it was perfectly affordable. Thank you Lorena and Andrea!

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 February 2015

We stayed at Casa Yaguaraté for 3 nights, over Carnaval. Lorena, one of the owners, as you’ll see in other comments, is indeed a great host: upon arrival she will sit with you to explain all there is to know about visiting the cataratas on both sides and she will help with anything and is always available. However, this is not enough for a B&B to get a great review and we returned home really wondering how come the place was so well ranked. Starting with the rooms: ours had one bed, three tables and one air conditioning. That’s it. No hangers or chairs to support clothes, no carpet on the floor, nothing. Stripped naked. Very un-cozy place. Besides, there was no toilet paper, soap or shampoo. I had to ask for these and we got one roll and one soap, no shampoo is available. Also, on the toilet, the lid does not stay up, which is just an annoying detail. The shower works well (good pressure and warm water). On the second day, we were looking around the room to find if there were some hidden bugs (since you can find pretty much everything outside) and we had the great luck of finding a cockroach behind one of the wall decorations, that was coming in through a hole that was hidden behind the decoration. We had to close to hole with some cardboard and some band aids to glue it to the wall, we asked Lorena to fix this by putting some insecticide on that hole and by closing it well with some duct tape but when we left our cardboard was still there. Regarding breakfast you’ll have bananas, some toasts (bread is not fresh, it is one of those packaged and they heat it on the fryer), a couple of jams, coffee, orange juice, eggs and that’s about it. My main criticism is that they could have some lids on the jams and fruits for the mosquitoes (it is full of them on that area since breakfast table is outdoors) and that there could be fresh bread in the morning. Based on all this, and on the fact that we were paying US$80 per night, which is unbelievably expensive for what you get, we have to give this place a negative review. All the details to make it a nice place to stay are missing. Finally, on location, it is well off the center (we already knew this and didn’t care since we thought the upside of being on a nice place, with good food and a good bedroom would offset location, it doesn’t) so you need to get a taxi to get any food, always. It also is not the perfect place to visit the cataratas as I read in some other comments here. You are indeed closer to the cataratas, but you still have to go to the center before going, to either get the bus on the terminal or buy some groceries for the day, so it changes nothing. Again, Lorena is a lovely person, I’m really sorry that I have to make such a review but I would not go back to this place at its current price range, there is a lot of improvement to be done to justify a cost of 80 USD per night. Best wishes!

Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Ricardo P
Iguazy, Owner at Casa Yaguarete B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2015

Hola Ricardo,

My replies to your comments :

1. About the room, we have given to you one of the new rooms which is simpler than the old ones. We will take in account all your comments to improve them.

2. We have forgotten to put the toilet paper, this doesn’t mean that we don’t provide it. It was fixed as soon as you told me. I have apologized for our mistake.

Some customers bring their own shampoo and soap. For them who don’t bring their own stuff we have always some sachets or bottles and also soap.

3. We can’t avoid bugs because it’s like this in Iguazu, a lot of humidity, very hot especially in summer and also we have many trees and plants. So, all the bugs like ants, spiders, cucarachas, lezard are impossible to avoid.

The hole, like you say, it is a box of electricity prepared to add a lamp. You have the cables inside. We are not using yet, so we have put a decoration to hide it. You describe it like if the wall was damaged this is not true.

We have put some insecticide when we have cleaned the room.

4. Regarding breakfast, we don’t have a fryer, so it was impossible that we have used it to heat the bread. We have a toaster. If you feel that the bread was not fresh maybe it was due to the humidity.

You are forgetting the dulce de leche, the cereal, the butter, the honey, the coffee, the ham, the cheese and the yoghurt. We have also proposed you water melon, we change the fruits every day except the bananas.

The last two weeks we have had a lot of humidity, rain and sun with more than 30 degrees every day. So, the mosquitos were impossible to avoid.

The bread was fresh, it’s easy, the rooms were all booked so with the quantity of people we had at the same time than you, it was impossible to have bread not fresh.

5. Concerning the location, you are not obliged to go to downtown to go to the argentine falls, you have a direct bus 800 meters from the house.

To go to Brazil, I always advice to go to the Bus Terminal because people don’t know the bus. It’s easy to miss it, if you catch it on the street. So it’s better to take it direct at the Bus Terminal.

6. I always propose to buy things the first day for both parks and we keep them in the fridge. I can’t have a supermarket in the B&B. Some people ask us to prepare a vianda but it’s normal that the price can’t be the same like if you buy the things and you prepare by yourself.

I have also proposed you to have dinner at home, you have decided to go every night outside.
It was your choice. It doesn’t mean that we don’t propose this possibility. Some people who were at home at the same time than you have stayed to have dinner.

It's a pity that you have stayed 3 days and you didn't tell me anything about breakfast. Your spanish is perfect and my english is not so bad.

You have also forgotten to say that you have kept the room after the checkout time without any cost.

Also, two days we have offered you the breakfast out of the regular schedule without any cost.

Lorena Romero

Reviewed 15 February 2015

I received a warm welcome from Lorena who promptly showed me to my spotlessly clean and spacious ensuite bungalow, then sat me down, drew a map for me and advised me what I should do and see over the next few days. While Casa Yaguarete is well outside the centre of town, it's only a 5-minute walk to the bus stop or Lorena will order you a taxi, either to go into town or to see the falls from the Brazilian side or the Argentinian side (and she explained all this perfectly). I ate in each evening - very good dinners - as did everybody else who was staying (Casa Yaguarete was full). It was easier than going into town and much more friendly for a solo traveller like me. All in all, I highly recommend it and would also say MUCHAS GRACIAS to Lorena and Andrea.

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 February 2015

Clean simple comfortable rooms with working air con great breakfast and very welcoming. So nice to have meals at a communal table and to experience being with people of the country. Do book dinner, i is excellent and Lorena will organise wine or beer for you at sensible prices. The falls are fantastic - both sides but you need local currency for the Argentinian side. In Brazil yo can pay with credit card for teh Falls but only in Reales for the Bird PArk. There are ATMS. The area was very humid and hot when we went. The shower was a bit weak but you have to remember that there is no main water here so they do very well to,manage this by well and water collection. Recommended.

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 February 2015

My wife and I have just spent 4 nights at this great B+B, where we were perfectly hosted by Lorena and Andrea, who speak English and French as well as Spanish.
The rooms and bathrooms are basic but comfortable + self contained in small cabins set in shaded private grounds. Beds are comfortable, bathrooms function well and air conditioning works really well. Meals are served in a covered area in the centre of the grounds.
Lorena gives great advice about where to go and how to get there. She can help you to plan and arrange taxis - always getting you the best deal. Her hand drawn maps are superb - not only for self guiding but also if you get lost and need to show a taxi driver or local shop owner.
Lorena goes out of her way to ask if you need help and is ever present on site.
Andrea cooks fantastic meals - we highly recommend. The evening dinners (which you need to request) are delicious and well balanced .. delicious meat, nice salads, tasty desserts and even some beer + wine if you ask for this.
Both ladies are cultured and interesting - great company.
We had a FANTASTIC time.... Muchas Gracias, thanks to you both. :-)

Room Tip: Ask for a room in a cabin away from the roads - although the roads are relatively quite residential roads
  • Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple