“Best Filet I've ever had!”
Review of El Jardin

El Jardin
Ranked #33 of 137 Restaurants in Puerto Iguazu
Price range: USD 30 - USD 50
Cuisines: Argentinian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: A touch of class and haute cuisine. Open every night for dinner, it offers international dishes carefully combined with the aromas and palette of the region. Reserve the best table!
Reviewed 25 December 2017

EL Jardin is definitely unique and High quality when it comes to fine dining. Its a very intimate, romantic place to take your date to. On our visit, our waiter was excellent and provided such professional service. As i work for the fine dining industry i can say it was at the best. Our dishes were cooked at perfection. I had the Filet cut and my boyfriend had the beef chorizo cut. Accompanied by mashed potatoes, vegetables, and delicious champagne and red wine. We were also greeted with champagne by the house and a small amuse to start. Very memorable, dessert was delish ! Loved the pistachio dessert. My boyfriend and I agree it was the best meal on our trip not to forget we visited many places including Buenos Aires.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

We are staying at the Iguazu Grand were this restaurant is located and went there for dinner on three separate nights. We had a la carte food every time (did not run into the all you can eat system mentioned in other reviews.) The food was invariably delicious and carefully presented in nouvelle cuisine style (visually pleasant island of food in a large white dish surface). We especially enjoyed a gravlox blini salad and a oven baked bondiola (pork loin) dish which was like butter. Deserts were creative and tempting, making good use of local flavors like maracuya (pasion fruit.) There was a good selection of wines and the cocktails that are customary in this part of the world (caipirinha, etc.) The waiters were helpful, quiet and understated as you'd expect in this upscale, relatively formal dining venue. The only slightly odd practice was that your table might be served by different waiters at different points of the evening (not clear if you were served by whoever was closest/free at any given time, your previous waiter went off duty, or what the logic was.) The last time we went for dinner there the menu had gone through a total makeover with all new dishes. This threw us a bit, but the variation made us feel like we had found a new restaurant. All around this restaurant really enhanced our hotel stay.

1  Thank RalfSouth
Reviewed 22 April 2013

Was in a gambling mood so headed to Casino. Stopped here for dinner. Turned out pretty good. I guess I was early for Argentina dinner at 8 pm so was literally only person in the restaurant surrounded by an army of staff. Accordingly well served. Received a complimentary sparkling wine and amuse bouche. Got the ribeye on a bed of quinoa and roasted tomato and mushrooms with bacon. Paired with a modest cabernet. Everything was really good to my taste (a perfect medium) and the service was attentive. Was about 60 dollars including a bottle of still water. Not sure if this is on the expensive side as it was my first meal in Argentina, but seemed fair to me. If you are in the area, definitely worth a try.

1  Thank jsmith2013
Reviewed 11 February 2013

I've eaten in this restaurant while spending the night in the Casino Iguazu. Food was regular, nothing that you would expect from a luxurious hotel. It's an all-you-can-eat kind of restaurant. We've payed USS60 per person! Absolutely outrageous. It's definitely a no-no.

3  Thank Amora06
Reviewed 10 January 2013

Excellent quality and choice of food with a very good service provided in a lovely setting. However, somewhat expensive if you're on a limited budget.