All reviewsgreen gardenasadoring the bellplace to stayrooms are cleanb bslittle touchesquiet streethome from homebreakfast was deliciousbottle of wineprivate wine tourthree nightssitting areaan oasisrelaxing staybed and breakfast
Reviewed 24 September 2017

Almost four hundred reviews and for the first time I want to give not just six stars but seven stars. And, to my own surprise, this is not for a luxury hotel but a B&B. But what a B&B!

To put this in context, this was our fifth visit to Mendoza and previous stays had included the Park Hyatt and Cavas (twice). However, this unpretentious courtyard with its few rooms hidden behind an anonymous door knocked them cold. The rooms aren't huge but are quite adequate and the communal area is pleasant and full of goodies to keep you going. The garden is attractive and guarded by the wonderful Olivia, a dog whose size belies her kind nature.

Which brings me onto the people. It is the people who make Casa Lila and Mariela the owner is a gem, Erika quite lovely, and Maria always eager to help.

We spent a week here and quite a lot of time was devoted to visiting wineries. Which Mariela arranged with consumate ease, getting us into many of the best places for personal visits. Reservations at restaurants were just as easily obtained.

I am not a naturally relaxed person but Casa Lila put me at my ease and made a week fly by. Problems, such as my wife's sickness, were dealt with in a sympathetic and helpful way. We will return. Who needs luxury rooms?

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MontrachetJ
Reviewed 23 September 2017

An unassuming entrance with not even a sign. But once within it is paradise!
We were truly made feel welcome. The rooms are wonderful, breakfast is a feast, the staff are amazing, the dog is a great big loveable bear! They accommodated us at the last minute when a cancelled bus left us stranded.
Thank you so much Casa Lila!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 September 2017

Keep a sharp eye out for Casa Lila on the right hand side of of Nicolas Avellaneda. If you blink, you will miss it! Unprepossessing from the outside (all you see is a high iron gate), Casa Lila is a lovely garden spot once you're through the gate. The friendly pooch and the wonderful staff give this B&B a really "homey" feel. Breakfasts are delicious and copious and the rooms are clean and quiet. It is a bit of a hike to the main drag of Mendoza (about six blocks as I recall), but the streets are tree-lined and shady, so this distance is no problem for most travelers. My wife and I stayed there for three nights, and we recommend it highly!

Stayed: March 2017
Reviewed 13 July 2017

Casa Lila is a true gem in Mendoza. We stayed here for four nights in January 2017 after travelling from Santiago, Chile. The staff were very accomodating, and the grounds were extremely well-kept and clean. Sra. Maria made us amazing breakfasts each morning and did a fantastic job cleaning our room. We also booked a evening with a private chef on the grounds with Chef Santiago - this is must. He taught us even more about the local cuisine and wine and we had a very enjoyable conversation with him after our meal. Casa Lila is located in a safe area convenient to walking to central Mendoza as well for pickup is you're doing wine tours.

Casa Lila is NOT a Marriott, Hilton, Intercontinental. In this case, it's a wonderful thing. They offer personal service, go out of their way to help you, and do everything they can to make your stay in Mendoza enjoyable. I have traveled throughout the world and Casa Lila stands out as one of the top places I have stayed. Highly recommend!

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dhrapport
Mariela G, Propietario at Casa Lila, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2017

We want to thank you for the kind words and recommendation. We are passionate for what we do and its a big reward to us if you felt happy, at home and enjoyed your stay.
Best regards.
Erica

Reviewed 24 May 2017

The team (which was more like family) at Casa Lila could not have been more amazing and hospitable. Immediately, I felt like I was part of the family. The home is beautiful, and attentive to every detail - from the sitting area outside, to the coffee/tea machine that is for guests to use, to arranging a private wine tour, taxis, and even a massage right on the property ($50 for ~90 min). Erica and Mariela were both incredible, available for any questions or requests. They gave the best restaurant suggestions in all my travels - all 3 were standouts!! Breakfast could not have been better (and I'm a picky eater, foodie). The location was close to everything downtown, and yet it was quiet at night, and there's even a seating area outside where you can see the stars!!! I would go back in a heartbeat. The only tweaks - and these are minimal, just to maximize your experience - were 1) the internet is better/perfect on the ground floor (I use wifi for work calls and videos/podcasts, so need a lot of bandwidth), but in/out a bit on the 2nd floor. Next, it was a little hard to find the actual building the first time there. There's no sign saying Casa Lila, so be sure to read the address that Mariana and Erica send you :) Overall, though, it's absolutely perfect. And, for $105 a night in the Fall season, it can't be beat.

Room Tip: If you rely heavily on wifi, choose a ground floor room vs 2nd floor.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank CC19130
Mariela G, Gerente at Casa Lila, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2017

Hello Catherine,
It was great meeting you, and being part of your travel experience, thank you for the kind words, we try our best to make yours a memorable experience. We are working to improve the wifi signal. We hope to see you again.
Erica