“Very pleasant stay. We shall return in September”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Tigre
Hotel Villa Victoria de Tigre
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Tigre
“Very pleasant stay. We shall return in September”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2012

My wife, toddler and I were looking for a small family run hotel within an hour of Buenos Aires for a couple of nights just to relax, enjoy and escape our hectic life in the city.
We couldn't have been happier with our choice and intend to return.
Our room, the Victoria room was huge. It toasted a large bedroom and lounge area opening onto a gorgeous terrace. We had a big flat screen TV, classy hardback books to browse, excellent bed and linens.

The bathroom was also massive with impeccable fixtures and fittings. A stand alone glass shower cubicle at one end, a proper sized bath tub at the other with funky jucuzzi jets at the press of a button with "his and hers" sinks. It was a very classy bathroom which is not always the case in and around BA.

We were encouraged to prepare and light a log fire in the fireplace in our room which added to the "cosy getaway" we were looking for.

The breakfast was very good, cold buffet style. However, service was on hand offering cooked to order eggs. I really enjoyed breakfast both mornings with the Newspaper.

The evening 3 course dinner was excellent value for 68 pesos. There are many restaurants nearby on the waterfront and I don't think the Hotel intends to compete with them. I think the plan is to offer good value home cooked food for guests who want an early night and this suited us perfectly.

The gardens, pool and tennis court were all well-kept and our toddler was perfectly safe exploring them as indeed he was on the open terrace from our room.

The management and staff were courteous and friendly. I got the impression from all of them that they enjoyed and took pride in their work.

If I were to have a gripe or two they would be, A complimentary bottle of water and tea facilities in the room would be nice. Room service incurred an additional charge of 20 pesos [about US$4] for delivery which seemed steep for one flight of stairs.

Hotel Victoria has a proud and strong Swedish connection and should their Queen ever come to Buenos Aires I recommend Her Royal Highness stay at The Hotel Victoria, as indeed, I do to you.

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank ArgyGrubLover

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
melbourne
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2012

The house is comfortable, pleasant and is spotlessly clean. There is a magnificent sunny balcony from where you can look out onto the delightful garden while you eat. We were able to start our Argentine birdwatching trip by just walking around the garden! We stayed in the Nobel suite which was enormous with a sunny balcony and great bathroom. The staff were really helpful and spoke English, however, it was particularly kind of Carolina (who is the book keeper I think) for the time she took to help me with a long conversation in my beginner spanish. We enjoyed this hotel enormously. The only suggestion I would make, is that if you want to walk to the hotel from down town with a suitcase,(and I recommend it as a most pleasant walk), get a map from the tourist office and go via the riverside walk as the pavements are better that way, it is marginally longer but it is very pretty. We would love to stay here again. PS. The little dog who lives there is gorgeous and quiet.

Room Tip: Try for a room with a balcony
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Flinders Island, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 February 2012

The house is old and lovely, the room we had was smallish and clean with a separate lounge and generous shared area. Lovely pool and nice breakfast verandahs. There was a bit of a drama using the safe that we didn't need to be party to. Food seems to be a bit more recycled than I'm used to: on the first morning I picked up a piece of watermelon that should have been tossed out three days before. On the second morning the serving girl returned my ham and tomato to the communal plate - I'd left it waiting for my still-toasting bread next to the toaster (there'd been no serving utensils either and so I'd used my hands). The last day they were happy for us to leave our bags but wanted to charge extra for us to have a dip in the pool when we came to collect the bags "We keep the pool for paying guests". I had to wonder what we were if not paying guests. Nice just missing those little friendly extras.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
Marlborough, Wiltshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2012

Very pleasant place to stay, lots of character, nice rooms with terraces and great pool. A fair trek into Tigres on a hot day, but perfectly doable. Lovely, helpful staff. It is true about the dog barking at night, but I think that's likely to be a problem at any hotel in Tigres - there are a lot of dogs and they all seem to want to talk at night.
Only 2 minor criticisms - I would have liked a key to the gate so we could let ourselves in and out rather than having to ring the bell. The staff were never less than charming at having to come out to open the gate, but we felt as if we were a nuisance even though we weren't made to feel like that by the staff.
The other thing was the breakfast was a little heavy on the sweet stuff, whereas we would have preferred more of the fruit and croissant.
But very minor quibbles - overall a lovely hotel, very friendly and relaxing. Would recommend and would stay again.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
alicia_ge, Propietario at Hotel Villa Victoria de Tigre, responded to this review, 19 February 2012
Thanks for Your review Sandra.
We converted our house to a hotel just a few years ago and every opinion helps us to improve.
Yes Tigre is famos for its dogs walking around in the streets. Our dog Lola hopfully didn´t wake you up but sometimes she can´t resist greeting friends outside the gates. We are working on her!
We keep the gates closed as the hotel compounds are strictly for our guests. Anyone who feels unconfortable with the closed gate can ask for a key.
Hope to see you again if you make a new trip to Argentina
Greetings Bjorn & Alicia
Clearwater, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2012

We ended our Argentinian trip at Tigre and it was absolutely wonderful. The hotel is a sheer delight, in an excellent location with wonderful architecture plus the bonus of our room having a large modern bathroom with the best shower we experienced in Argentina. The addition of our own patio area was a real plus.

The owners Alicia & Bjorn and their staff are delightful and eager that you should enjoy your stay. Our lack of Spanish and occasional communication problems with some staff members was handled really well and the solution of a translating computer provided for tricky queries about the town.

I do agree with a previous critic that the sidewalks of Tigre are incredible and although we walked for miles it is advisable to watch where you are walking.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Pamela K
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tigre
5.6 km away
1.3 km away
Puerto Delta Apart
Puerto Delta Apart
#8 of 27 in Tigre

Been to Hotel Villa Victoria de Tigre? Share your experiences!