“A hotel with class, character, and beautiful rooms!”

Mine Hotel Boutique
Ranked #7 of 442 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Reviewed 2 January 2012

My husband and I stayed here on our honeymoon. The staff are as nice as all the reviews say and very knowledgeable about places to explore in the city. If you don't want to chat much no problem, they even have a printed list on places with descriptions that they created. And as restaurant owners change, they update it so you get what they say it is! The rooms are lovely and have character, such as the fluffy pillows in unique colors and great-smelling and unique shampoo and such. The bed was comfy, the room quiet despite trendy and bustling area below with tons of fun window shopping and placed to eat. The breakfasts were delicious and each day they make some unique smoothie that everyone gets a mini size of and I came to look forward to those, too. They have a lovely lobby with a soothing fountain and games to play. Some reviews we read said rooms are too small but we stayed in a standard room for half and the luxury large room with the jacuzzi tub and though both were nice, honestly. The larger room has a couch, too, and the tub really is great. But we didn't need that the whole time so the standard room was nice also and we didn't hear noise at night there either (and I am a sensitive sleeper, I cannot sleep with sound, tv, etc!). The location is great, included breakfast tasty and unique, and the rooms were clean and nice so I recommend. I'd stay there again!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank A P
Write a ReviewReviews (1,953)

Reviewed 1 January 2012

The reviews on this are a joke. The place was the wretched hip new boutique all style and no substance and bad style that passes for chic. It is way out from any of the areas that you might want to visit as a tourist. The traffic is makes going and coming in the heat an awful experience. the neighborhood is filled with shops for twenty-ish set. Room was very small and touted service was enthusiastic but erratic. Room service dinner on our last night was ghastly hamburger and greasy inedible fries. Not for anyone over 50.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank AussiefanSA
Reviewed 31 December 2011

I can't remember a more pleasant hotel stay. The place is so attractive and well-equipped, and the staff members are unfailingly cheerful and helpful. I was a solo traveler, knowing hardly any Spanish, and the folks at Mine assisted me over the rough spots and made me feel cared for.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 December 2011

We used this wonderful hotel as our BA base during our recent trip to Argentina between Nov 18 & Dec 5. There's so many good things to say it's hard to know where to start. First off and probably the most memorable for me - the Staff: super friendly, attentive, helpful and always smiling. I speak pigeon Spanish, but all the staff spoke perfect English, so communication was a breeze. Customer service overall was some of the best I have experienced but not only that, everyone seemed to take a genuine interest in us - asking questions about our trip, and activities, offering impartial advice when needed. They really made our stay very comfortable and homey. Of special note - for one or two days of the trip we were unwell, and the kitchen staff even offered to make us some special soup (not on the menu) and had it delivered to the room. They also offered to call a doctor if needed. Another special personalized touch - when we returned after a few days away, we were greeted by name and our left luggage was already set up in our room waiting for us. All we had to do was get our key and go upstairs.

Rooms: comfortable, cosy and spotlessly clean. We stayed in two different rooms over the couple of weeks, and both were of equal standard with comfortable beds, good bathroom with a nice shower. The only small complaint about the rooms would be that there was some sort of aroma in each (to go with the theme of the room) - I wasn't so keen on this effect as the aroma in one of our rooms didn't agree with my nose, but otherwise, I couldn't fault anything.

Ambiance: The interior design of this hotel is chic and cool, truly capturing the idea of "boutique". The common areas and restaurant were inviting, the pool area was lovely - like a little oasis off the street.

General location of the hotel is excellent - in the heart of trendy Soho but with easy access by walking or taxi to other areas.

I Would highly recommend booking in this lovely little hotel. Great value for money with personal friendly service that rivals none. I will definitely be staying there again next time I visit Buenos Aires.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 December 2011

Spent 5 days at the Mine in Dec and loved everything about it. The location is superb in the centre of the best shopping and restaurants, walking distance to everything including the subway. Rooms were simple, clean and comfortable although small however i think this is a standard in a lot of small hotels. The staff were incredible- very professional but not all stuffy, extremely knowledgable and helpful when it came to restaurants and hot spots for all night dancing. Breakfast was superb, the restaurant outside of breakfast was also extremely wonderful, the dining area was very comfortable and you couldn't beat the outdoor space in the center of a big concrete city. The outdoor space was very comfortable and relaxing, there was free internet in the main area which was also very helpful. The staff were kind enough to hang onto our luggage when we were leaving and had hours to kill and again when we passed through BA with a 5 hour layover enroute home (having spent a few days in Uruguay) which was a very nice touch. I would highly recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: There are rooms on the inside of the hotel that overlook the quiet outdoor space as opposed to the s...