This hostel seems to be trading off the back of its good write-up in the Lonely Planet. Because of this they don't seem to care about improving their horrendous reservation system!
I used their website more than a month in advance to try and make a reservation but only received an automated reply. Two weeks before we were due to visit BA, my girlfriend attempted to make a telephone reservation and was told by the woman on the phone that everything was in order and that our reservation was confirmed.
To cut a long story short, we arrived late in the evening thinking we had a reservation only to be told they had no record of it and that the hostel was full. To be fair, the receptionist was apologetic and located for us a nearby hotel that had space.
We were told contradictory information by the receptionist compared with the woman who answered the telephone such as "we do not take telephone reservations" and "we always ask for a deposit up front".
The hostel itself looks clean and friendly but rather shabbier than you might expect from their glossy website. Despite the handy location, the area feels rather dodgy at night (exemplified by the receptionist's unwillingness to let anyone through the front door who is not on the reservation list).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- V&S Hostel Club is housed in a renovated 19th-century French-style house and offers budget accommodation in Buenos Aires, just 400 meters from the Obelisco. Lima Metro Station is 200 meters away. It has a shared kitchen. The private rooms of V&S Hostel Club are spacious and bright. They have floor with carpet or porcelanain, private bathroom. Shared rooms have a shared bathroom. Guests can make use of the shared and equipped kitchen. We offer a terrace in the city and a reading room where you can enjoy a coffee or tea. Each guest has lockers available in each shared room and we offer a deposit with private lockers. Before check in or after check out the guest can leave their luggage in our deposit at no additional cost. The property offers free city maps, free walking tours, free bike rentals. At the reception it is possible to book tickets for art exhibitions, tango shows, bowling and football matches. The property provides laundry facilities and luggage storage. V&S Hostel Club is 400 meters from the Obelisco and 200 meters from Florida Street. Ezeiza Airport is a 45-minute drive away. We offer the transfer service to Ezeiza or Jorge Newbery Airport by regular or private bus. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, HostelWorld and Agoda so you can book your V&S Hostel Club Buenos Aires reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- v And s Hostel Club Buenos Aires
- v&s Hostel Club Buenos Aires Hotel Buenos Aires