2,219 results
All reviews old palace oak bar new tower piano nobile newer building beautiful hotel art gallery lighting system four seasons cigar bar indoor pool upgraded to a suite old world concierge staff luxury hotel recoleta district comfortable rooms
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My large group was in Buenos Aires on a weeklong trip. Hotel facilities (gym, restaurants, pool, spa) were amazing. Rooms were luxurious and comfortable. Hotel Staff was excellent in accommodating our diverse group.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
Reviewed 10 September 2018

Terrific property in an old family mansion that has been completely upgraded. Several different restaurants, lots of places to relax, both inside and outside. Indoor swimming pool and spa. Very close to excellent restaurants, shopping and historical sites.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
Reviewed 4 September 2018

This is a stunning hotel. The hotel is located in a lovely part of the city, surrounded by amazing architecture. We stayed for seven days on our first visit to Buenos Aires and had a room in the newer building, which looks over the magnificent older building, so we were really pleased with the room assignment. I’ll review the restaurants separately (although spoiler alert, the food is delicious everywhere!) so disregarding those for now, without exception the service we experienced at this hotel was exceptional. They are doing some renovations on the car entry and it would have been good to have been advised on check-in of the nights the restaurants were closed for private events so you could plan in advance, however everyone we encountered had a good level of English (much appreciated as my lack of Spanish is embarrassing) and the ambiance and amenities were just as you would expect from a Park Hyatt. Beautiful.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank NotMeantToFlyEconomy
Reviewed 1 September 2018

There are many things to love about this hotel. The location is fantastic. The rooms are spacious and well appointed. The food in the Duhau Restaurant is good. The staff is great. The grounds are lovely. But I had high expectations for this hotel given its five star rating and reviews on this site and others. What separates a five star hotel from the rest is attention to even the smallest detail. And this is where Palacio Duhau didn't meet expectations. I realize these are nitpicky, but again it's the little things that make a luxury hotel a level above. For example, I had a spa treatment. The ladies room in the spa was out of toilet paper. There wasn't enough seating in the waiting area so some ladies had to stand while waiting for their treatment. At breakfast, I asked for lemon with my tea that never arrived. I received toast but no butter or jam, just dry toast. One of the restaurants was closed twice during my four day stay for private events. Small things, but they shouldn't happen in a luxury hotel.

But what really bothered me was the price they charge for cars. At almost every hotel I stay in, I use hotel cars to go back and forth to meetings (company policy). They're usually cost efficient and safe. Palacio Duhau does not have a fleet of cars the valet can call on demand. Cars must be booked in advance with the concierge, which is fine. However, the cost is criminal. $90 USD for a trip that is 1.5 miles and less than ten minutes. That is ridiculous. This alone is reason enough for me to not stay at this hotel again. I simply do not feel good giving my business to a hotel that has no problem taking advantage of its guests.

I wouldn't discourage you from staying here, the positives outweigh the negatives, but if you're expecting a luxury experience you may be disappointed.

Room Tip: My room was in the new wing facing the courtyard and palace, a gorgeous view. Ask for this if you can.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
4  Thank mls1976
Reviewed 29 August 2018

My family stayed 4 nights at the Park Hyatt in Retiro, Buenos Aires and would recommend it. The hotel is in a classic building that has been tastefully restored. The food service was excellent and the garden was perfect for relaxing with a glass of wine after a day of exploring the city.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family