“Found a cockroach ”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 7 September 2015 via mobile

Tonight I went with friends and found a cockroach on one of the plates. As i explained what had happened to the manager, he said that they are trying to get rid of them and that we sat on a "complicated table" as its next to the kitchens wall, where the heat gets concentrated. I'm so not going back to that restaurant.

Reviewed 19 January 2015

I travel to Buenos Aires from the US a lot and have noted the Taco Box in the neighborhood that I stay for some time.
Homesick for good Mexican food, I tried it out last Friday. It opens at 8PM, we arrived at 8:30 and there was only 1 table occupied at that time.
There were 4 employees waiting at the entrance and we were seated immediately, but without menus. There were 9 other employees around the bar in the back of the restaurant.........and we sat and we sat. Finally, after 40 minutes, our waitress stopped texting and brought menus and a small bowl of broken tortilla chips- sort of like the bottom of the bag and some "salsa" that completely lacked flavor and tasted somewhat reminiscent of spaghetti sauce . We ordered 2 Stella beers and the Botana which is a mixture of their offerings. As the waitress handed us the beers, she asked if we wanted them chilled. Warm beer???????? Well........of course! And a bucket of ice and water was provided. The order did come promptly and it was marginal at best. The "burritos" resembled egg rolls and were half-ways decent, but lacked flavor and the tacos were similarly unimpressive. There were a number of very small dishes of additional salsa of which the pico de guayo was good but amounted to about 2 tablespoons. And then the ordeal. I wanted to pay the bill, but no one would make eye contact for 30 minutes despite my hand in the air. Finally, someone other than our waitress came with the bill. The money and the bill traveled to the bar and was put in a small rack where it remained for 40 more minutes. Again, no attention to our table. And we sat and we sat and our waitress was again texting while the rest of the staff stood idly around the bar. Again, I asked for the change and the bill was finally taken care of. No, I will never go back here again, but yes, BA has some great restaurants with very attentive staff - just not here.

Reviewed 9 January 2015

This is an excellent option for cheap late night drinks and some delicious mexican food. The menu is not very extensive but the food is really good and comes in big portions. After 9pm chances are that there will be a waiting list and the service is not the best in town.

Reviewed 25 August 2014

This is one of the best Mexican restaurants in Buenos Aires. We ordered "botanas" that´s a plate for 2 people with a mix of tacos, burritos and quesadillas. Very tasty and filling. Good service also.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

Every time we visit Buenos Aires we look for the Mexican experience. The closest Mexican restaurant to our place is Taco Box, in Palermo, at Cabello Street, an elegant Boulevard where you have a handfull of different restaurants.
The place is OK, the food is very good, but every time I go I have a bad expierience, given by a negative service scheme:
"no credit or debit cards accepted for the meanwhile", and it's been more than six months at least, and if you're only two people and even if the restaurant is empty you cannot sit in the boxes, only at tables. Very rude indeed.
Also, the way people serve is careless. You feel as if there is something wrong at the top: too many people to serve, but not actually serving. Those who serve are not well trained. They are rude and they make mistakes like crashing the bottle to the glass when they pour your beverage or place the dishes carelessly. It's difficult to understand.
We go there because it's at walking distance from our place and we don't have other Mexican choices nearby, and try to think last time was an exception and things would improve. But it has not been the case for the last three times, obver more than a year. I don't know the other Taco Box restaurants, but this Cabello one is really special. Better try others.