“Going down in Quality”

Price range: USD 0 - USD 25
Cuisines: Healthy
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Neighbourhood: Belgrano
Description: Friends and strangers alike come together around our communal table to break bread and linger for a while. Take a seat next to a neighbor, share the Brunette and be reminded that, even in the big city, we are a community.
Reviewed 25 March 2018

After having been a fan of Le pain Quotidien,sin its first opening on Salguero, I have had many good meals there in several of there locations. I had been away the last year from Buenos Aires and was looking forward to a nice lunch with a friend.First I sat close to the door, which every time someone entered or left, closed with a loud bang. The chairs where very uncomfortable.
We then waited for 40 min for our order and honestly for the price one pays it was very poor quality AND presentation and the waiter where rather unfriendly......I guess you lost a good costumer.....I feel like with the quantity of opening many restaurants you really lost the quality, which I always felt was a big plus during the first years and the first 3 Restaurants....Don't sell out

Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

Don’t even bother to ask because this will be the answer.... went for a light breakfast and ordered a warm croissant , like it should be , fresh from the oven and the response was : House policy , croissants are served COLD .
Coming straight from a fridge ?? ...
Incredible ! How can you franchise a French Boulanger with an answer like this ! And the mugs , where coffee is served are cracked , absolutely unhealthy !

But if you want a new one you can buy them the at their boutique .....
Bad service , bad experience .

Reviewed 11 March 2017 via mobile

10 of us got together for coffee and it was perfect. We sat at the large table upstairs and it wasn't particularly noisy, which is good for me. The cafe con leche was excellent, as always, and I had the almond pastry, which was divine. We sat there for two hours and they didn't rush us at all. Weather solo or in a group this is a good place for breakfast lunch brunch or coffee.

Reviewed 22 January 2017

Le pain quotidien offers amazing quality in a relaxed atmosphere for fair prices worldwide. In BA there are already some, in Recoleta, Palermo and Belgrano. They are very similar to the ones you may find in the USA and Europe. I find it an ideal place for a rich breakfast or a brunch. There are vegetarian and vegan options as well. Service is excellent, the place is nicely decorated and very comfortable, but most importantly, the quality of the food is very high. I love the long communitary table that you may share with other customers. All in all, highly recommended.

Reviewed 27 December 2016 via mobile

Mint tea, Pear Almond Magdalena and Coconut and Bluberry Muffin! Lots of salads on the menu.(not just iceberg lettuce) Enjoyed. Lovely cafe.