“The Beautiful Viamonte” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #142 of 451 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Norfolk, Virginia
“The Beautiful Viamonte”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2008

I was on a study abroad with my univeristy for 2 weeks in Buenos Aires and Iguazu. I felt that this hotel was worth the price of admission.

The staff was very friendly, and even helped us out to find the best bars and clubs for the nightlife.

The laundry serivce was cheap and fast.

The rooms were crisp and clean, and were cleaned daily.

They were doing some painting and such, and the hotel had a very nice feel to it.

The front desk staff were prompt and efficient.

The minibar was also very cheap and well stocked.

The only problem is that it is situated very close to the road, and you can hear the commute early in the morning. Though I didnt hear this a few of the nights because I had an upgrade to the 7th floor and a king sized bed.

• Liked — The staff
  • Disliked — The noisy mornings
  • Stayed March 2008
      Location
      Check-in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank tmollison44

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Summit, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2007

We booked a room two separate occasions at the Viamonte using Asiarooms.com for a rate of $55.00 per night for a double including all taxes and breakfast. Posted rates on the hotel website were much more but we never inquired as to the rate if we had booked dierectly with them

The room we were given our first stay was # 1001 that was a two-bedroom, two bath, suite with a small kitchenette, living room, and large balcony. A huge room for the amount we paid! The room was modestly appointed but clean and comfortable. On our second stay one week later we were given #503 that was a standard double room with a small sitting area and kitchenette. Still not a bad room for the price but about one third the size of #1001. The rate included a buffet continental breakfast with a number of tasty offerings and a variety of breads, fruit, etc.

The location of the hotel is very central being only about a five to ten minute walk to the Teatro Colon, Obelisk, and pedestrian streets shopping streets of Lavalle and Florida. There is plenty of activity around the hotel during the day but the immediate area is pretty quiet at night.

Overall, we thought the service, location, and amenities of the Viamonte were a very good value and we would happily stay there again.

• Stayed June 2007, travelled as a couple
      Location
      Check-in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
5 Thank globedecker
San Carlos de Bariloche, Argentina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2006

Contrary to the other reports (part of the reason we choose the hotel), our experience was not good. When we checked in, it was just a room, not a suite. The first problem was the shower and bidet had pubic hair in it. Then, there was no internet service, they said they couldn't understand why. There was no gym or hot tub, although it was advertised they did. When I called down to the desk, no one would answer. I walked back down and there were employees behind the desk talking. When I expressed my concerns, they were very rude, basicly sayed there is nothing that can be done. Definetly not very customer oriented. The next morning, we went down to the breakfast buffet. They told me the night before it was until 10:30 am. I called down at 10:15 to let them know I was coming down. I arrived at 10:25am am and they were already breaking it down. Then the rude waiter did the point the finger and shake it thing and told me we were too late. The idea of the customer is always right was not part of any of the employees training, I am sure of that. I would suggest paying a little more and staying somewhere else, which is what we did for the next night,.

• Stayed May 2006
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
8 Thank soulskier
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2006

I stayed here with a friend March 11th thru the 19th. The hotel was definitely better than I expected. The room was clean and freshly decorated. I would definitely still here again.

• Stayed March 2006
6 Thank Cartier
Vienna, Austria
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2006

Viamonte Suites is one of the best places to stay in Buenos Aires. Ideally located, this 4-Star hotel offers everything you need at very low prices. I stayed there for less than 40 Euros/night, including breakfast. Upon arrival I couldn't believe it - it was a real apartment, with full equipped kitchen, sofabed, extra bedroom, 2 TVs, etc., very modern & nice furnished, very clean - really a good surprise. The staff was very friendly, too. The restaurant was closed due to renovation, so the roomservice brought breakfast to the room. I just had to call and order what I wanted - and everything was excellent. Only negative point - my bedroom was facing the street - quite noisy, actually. So I would recommend to ask for another apartment (not the .01 and .02 ones). For stays below a week in Buenos Aires, I will certainly return. For longer stays I prefer renting an apartment from a temporary apartment agency (can really recommend that, as well)

• Stayed February 2006