“Bad food but still forcing for tip”
Review of Todo Mundo

Todo Mundo
Ranked #4,582 of 6,389 Restaurants in Buenos Aires
Cuisines: International
Dining options: After-hours
Neighbourhood: San Telmo
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We expected a nice diner on this nice square and maybe some tango. However, this evening there was no tango on the square and even worse, the food was horrible! De squid was cold, sour and didn't look like food for humans. My wife had the eggplant which was so sour the teeth came out of her mouth. Her chicken was tasteless. I ordered the steak for main course. The only positive was that the meat was good. However I ordered it medium and got it overcooked. The worst thing was that the waitress demanded a tip! Usually I give a nice tip, but this time my stubbornness won the debate. Especially because the bill was way too high compared the quality. Worst experience in 4 weeks South America.

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

If not, a special place in hell needs to be reserved for serving bad steak in Argentina. I had one mouthful and put my cutlery down - not only was it well done (when I'd ordered medium rare), it was a totally tasteless slab of chorizo. And things had started well. Drawn to the square at midnight, following the sounds of live music to the joint on the corner, we were won over by the many locals eyes on stage, singing along to the drummer and guitarist. That bit ensures that at least it wasn't just awful. But everything else was, the streak, the tough octopus salad, the unimaginative carrot salad, the cheap tasting house wine. Wish I had looked this place up rather than following the Pied Piper musical notes.

1  Thank krys_k
Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

Lovely location, but that's were the good comments end. This is a complete tourist trap, we went for one of the 'free' shows, which of course isn't entirely true. Drinks here costs us twice as much as Funes Bar across the plaza, and tasted very poor. I had a Gin Tonic, tonic was flat and gin tasted like it has been watered down.

As for the free show, the band, in fairness were very good, but after three songs were we hassled for tips and to buy CD, which we have had no problem with tip but the hard sale for the CD and then almost been accused of robbing one, was too much to take when all you wanted was a nice night out. We didn't take CD, the guy that was trying for the hard sale left on table and we gave it back to the other guy who came looking for tips.

We won't be returning here!

Reviewed 13 March 2018

on a Sunday we were at " Plaza Dorrego " and stopped by ** Todo Mundo ** restaurant , it was crowded, we were seated very close to the stage. The waitress was very busy but we still we received good service. We ordered a Pizza with Mozzarella and Tomatoes which was good... during our meal the Tango Show started it was a thrill to watch it close up, the restaurant has also outdoor seating on the Plaza as well featuring Tango dancers...the Service & Food was good and recommend visiting here to enjoy true Argentine hospitality

Reviewed 22 January 2018

Nice bar, lots of old fantastic movie pics on the walls, good stage and really good tango although it didn't last long enough. BUT, think twice before eating here because the food was really disappointing. I would say that the Burger that the guy on the next table had looked better, however what we were served was below average, to say the least. Just big chunks of sausage and boiled ham and cheese on the platter along with completely tasteless mini empanadas. The patatas bravas and aubergine were no better. Worst meal we have had n 2 months of travelling in South America.