See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 9 July 2012

Chill, good vibe, great breakfast, and perfect location

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 December 2011

Its shut !!!

I booked on hostel world but when I turned up at midnight it was closed for renovations. When I called they informed me that they had rebooked me at another hostel (which was a bit crappy). They said they send emails each night about rebookings but as I booked on the day itself they had not sent one to me. Luckily the taxi man waited for me as it is a dodgy area at that time of night.

If I had not had my iPhone with the hostel world email which had the phone number, I would have been totally stuck in BA at midnight with nowhere to stay.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank AlanOnTheMove
Reviewed 18 May 2011

I stayed for one night in a ten bed dorm and fled the next day in very early morning (as I had no sleep). The dorm was crowded with five bunkbeds. The dorm's bathroom had no ventilation other then into the dorm itself. It was dark, humid, smelly, crowded experience.
There was a big confusion in who is occupying which bed as the staff had no controll over the their beds.
The common areas are not bad. The location is good.

Room Tip: There are better places.. Go to Milhouse Avenue
  • Stayed: October 2010, travelled solo
3  Thank povetron
Reviewed 30 December 2010

We booked in, and ended up leaving before actually spending the night. The staff were very friendly, and can't be faulted. However the hostel is very dark, with no natural light. The kitchen (which was clean, with plenty of utensils) is in the basement, which also doubles as the bar. Smoking is permitted (in the bar/kitchen area), which is unpleasant. The dorm rooms were very cramped, pretty dim with poor ventilation. Showers and toilets appeared clean. There was apparently a power cut, meaning that there was no wifi. We prepared some food in the basement, accompanied by extremely loud music being played in the reception (at lunchtime) - rage against the machine, cypress hill etc. Then the water ran out, ostensibly because of the power cut. This turned out to be the final straw and we found a much lighter, airier hostel (where smoking was banned) up the street, and left.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 November 2010

The zuc82's review pretty much summarizes what I wanted to say. However, I'd like to add that it was very hard for me to sleep. Even tough the bar is in the basement, noise was constant though it was probably because it was a Saturday (some things can't be tolerated). For example, the people in the room above mine started dancing, singing and jumping at 6 or 7am. There are no boundaries in this place! If you're staying on weeknights I guess you won't have a problem with this.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business