Melia Recoleta Plaza(Buenos Aires)
USD 234
USD 205
USD 192
  • Breakfast included
Mine Hotel Boutique(Buenos Aires)
USD 174
USD 149
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 177/night.

USD 342
  • Restaurant
Alvear Art Hotel(Buenos Aires)
USD 268
  • Pool
Hotel NH Buenos Aires Latino(Buenos Aires)(Great Value!)
USD 129
NH Hotels
USD 904
USD 535
  • Pool
Alvear Palace Hotel(Buenos Aires)
USD 472
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 5 December 2011

Its shut !!!

I booked on hostel world but when I turned up at midnight it was closed for renovations. When I called they informed me that they had rebooked me at another hostel (which was a bit crappy). They said they send emails each night about rebookings but as I booked on the day itself they had not sent one to me. Luckily the taxi man waited for me as it is a dodgy area at that time of night.

If I had not had my iPhone with the hostel world email which had the phone number, I would have been totally stuck in BA at midnight with nowhere to stay.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank AlanOnTheMove
Reviewed 18 May 2011

I stayed for one night in a ten bed dorm and fled the next day in very early morning (as I had no sleep). The dorm was crowded with five bunkbeds. The dorm's bathroom had no ventilation other then into the dorm itself. It was dark, humid, smelly, crowded experience.
There was a big confusion in who is occupying which bed as the staff had no controll over the their beds.
The common areas are not bad. The location is good.

Room Tip: There are better places.. Go to Milhouse Avenue
  • Stayed: October 2010, travelled solo
3  Thank povetron
Reviewed 30 December 2010

We booked in, and ended up leaving before actually spending the night. The staff were very friendly, and can't be faulted. However the hostel is very dark, with no natural light. The kitchen (which was clean, with plenty of utensils) is in the basement, which also doubles as the bar. Smoking is permitted (in the bar/kitchen area), which is unpleasant. The dorm rooms were very cramped, pretty dim with poor ventilation. Showers and toilets appeared clean. There was apparently a power cut, meaning that there was no wifi. We prepared some food in the basement, accompanied by extremely loud music being played in the reception (at lunchtime) - rage against the machine, cypress hill etc. Then the water ran out, ostensibly because of the power cut. This turned out to be the final straw and we found a much lighter, airier hostel (where smoking was banned) up the street, and left.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 November 2010

The zuc82's review pretty much summarizes what I wanted to say. However, I'd like to add that it was very hard for me to sleep. Even tough the bar is in the basement, noise was constant though it was probably because it was a Saturday (some things can't be tolerated). For example, the people in the room above mine started dancing, singing and jumping at 6 or 7am. There are no boundaries in this place! If you're staying on weeknights I guess you won't have a problem with this.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 November 2010

Stayed here for a week in early October 2010. Travelling alone, but had no problem meeting people there. In fact, had only been in the room for 30 minutes before I got invited to have beers with 2 Swedish guys and 2 Finnish girls. A really sociable place, and a good mix of people from different places. Has a bar in the basement (which can be quite loud until the early hours, so bare that in mind if you want to stay here). I stayed in the 10 bed mixed drorm, bed was comfy and you get a good sized locker too (bring a padlock!), room had 2 showers, 1 toilet and a sink, which were all cleaned every day. Beds are made everyday too. Kitchen is in the bar downstairs, could do with more utensils though, and more washing up liquid. Breakfast is included, standard stuff like bread, cereal, dulce de leche, coffee, tea, juice etc. Hostel organises tours to the football matches and loads of other stuff too if tours are your thing. They have Wi-Fi, not sure how good it is though as I didn´t have my laptop with me. HI discounts too (you can buy the card here if you don´t have one already). Cheap, lively place to stay in a great location (supermarkets nearby, clost to centre of San Telmo, near a Subte stop, ATM 3 blocks away), highly recommended for Buenos Aires!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled solo