“Excellent Hotel Boutique in BA”

Fierro Hotel Buenos Aires
Ranked #1 of 446 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Paris, France
“Excellent Hotel Boutique in BA”
Reviewed 11 September 2011

I booked this hotel when i saw all the good reviews in Tripadvisor and for sure I had a really perfect stay in this hotel. The room was large, confortable and the bathrooms modern. The breakfast is really good.
The staff could not of been more helpful with where to eat and what to see.
I really recommand this place!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank Phil C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (272)
  • Korean first
toronto
Reviewed 10 September 2011

we stayed over new year . I took a chance on this hotel booking it shortly after it had just opened. At that time there were no reviews. It was a winner from the moment we were picked up at the airport (arranged by the hotel) until our departure on a cruise. No problem walking from the hotel to dine. We always felt safe and enjoyed the neighbourhood although quieter than Palermo Soho. Our only issue was a long wait for a cab on New Years day. Nothing much was open until later in the day.

Dining was so cheap, Large steaks that fed 2 for $12. We ended up having steak all three nights as it was such good value. Loved the included breakfast of multi small courses. We didnt get a chance to use the small rooftop pool as we were so busy.

Rooms were great with a small sitting are and a decent washroom with a normal door. My pet peeve is see through washroom doors, not great if travelling without your spouse. We had a French balcony. On our floor we had 3 out of 4 rooms and all directions were quiet.
There were a few rooms with a full balcony overlooking the garden..
I would have sat in the garden however due to brownouts they has to use a backup generator. This caused soot to come out and wasn't so pleasant..

The staff were all lovely and really helpful, lots of dining recomendations. We had a private guide for most of the time for the six of us. This made all the difference for touring as we packed in a lot in our short time. We used free internet in the lobby, I cant remember if the rooms also had it. We were 3 couples in our fifties howeve most of the other guests did seem much younger .

If you are worried about getting a cab tfrom the airport the hotel will arrange it. It cost $40 per cab. We charged it to our bill. If changing money at the airport do it AFTER
you get your bags as there are a couple of banks outside the baggage area. The money exchange in the baggage area gives a lousy exchange rate.

Overall I loved the hotel and would stay there when I next go back.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank weeyintoronto
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Reviewed 8 September 2011

I went to this hotel last weekend with my grilfriend to spend some quiet time together and I can gladly say that we found it. The rooms are really comfortable and the restaurant has really good service combined with high quality food.
I'm from Buenos Aires so I know the city really well and I can judge correctly which is a fair price for the service that offered and I really think it was a fair price.

Maximiliano

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank FuriaWasabi
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 September 2011

Although perhaps not in the most ‘touristic’ of locations, this is an ideal choice for a trip to Buenos Aires.

I must admit, I was a bit dubious at first, having read about Palermo Hollywood being on the other side of the railway tracks that divides Palermo in two.

However, the area is safe, and there are plenty of quality restaurants close by. In any case taxis are cheap and plentiful and reception will happily organise one for you.

The hotel had only been open for around 9 months at the time we stayed in August 11. It’s been built as a hotel, and as such has been well laid out. It’s clean, modern, and welcoming.

We arrived early on a Sunday morning from a flight from London, and were able to check into our room straight away - that was very much appreciated.

The rooms are well appointed and spacious, the beds are incredibly comfortable. Wet bar and sofa area were welcome additions. Reception were able to provide us with kettle and adapters.

The bathroom was well appointed – good size, large sink, and walk in shower with the choice of shower head or rain shower.

Free, reliable WiFi connection throughout the hotel.

Breakfast was delicious but ‘minimalist’ – it’s a la carte and not buffet – but of very high quality, served in the excellent Hernan Gipponi restaurant (Currently Number 1 on Tripadvisor!) Having a quality restaurant like this on site certainly a bonus - although I found choices on offer were a little limited – unless you enjoy things like sweetbreads. The fish I had was simply divine.

The best thing at this hotel has to be the staff - professional, but friendly, knowledgeable and genuinely cared about our stay.

I wish I’d booked to stay here when we returned for the second part of our stay in Buenos Aires.

Next time...!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor at back of building for views of Palermo's urban cityscape.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
San Francisco
Reviewed 31 August 2011

Great place for our week-long stay. The staff is amazing - Ana, Manuel, Karina, Christina, Julian - everyone went out of their way to make our stay the best it could be with recommendations, booking shows, and giving us the low down on the area. We stayed in the terrace suite - very nice room and the terrace was huge with jacuzzi and great view from the 8th/top floor. The rooftop pool is great for lounging around in the evening. Very walkable to Palermo Soho shops and restaurants. We like the area so much, we spent most of our time in Palermo.

Room Tip: The terrace suite is a real treat!
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple