“Highly recommended” 5 of 5 bubbles

Chila
Ranked #16 of 4,661 Restaurants in Buenos Aires
Price range: USD 50 - USD 100
Cuisines: Argentinian, South American, International, Contemporary
Good for: View, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Puerto Madero
Description: CHILA has gourmet cuisine with Argentinian products. CHILA has several prizes: Position 21th in the 50 best restaurant in latinamerica 2015, Position 21th in the 50 best restaurant in latinamerica 2014, Position 28th in the 50 best Restauraants in Latinamerica 2013 (San Pellegrino guide), Best Argentinian Restaurant 2008 (Argentinian Academy of Gastronomy), CHEF of the Future 2009 (International Academy of Gastronomy, Best Restaurant 2010 (Cuisine & Vins).
Barcelona, Spain
“Highly recommended”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2012

I went to Chila to have lunch alone, in the spare time I had between business meetings in Buenos Aires.

The place is modern and elegant and the staff is very polite, according to what is expected from a first class place like this.

Being vegetarian, I asked for advice and I was offered to have the corn and cumin ravioli. They were original and a feast to my palate: the dough was smooth and the stuffing delicious.

The dessert, after a pre desert of a yummy lychee sorbet, was a taste of heaven too: three small pieces of culinary art made of different textures of coconut, white chocolate and tapioca.

At the moment of the bill, I asked if I could pay in Euros and they accepted without any problem, making my life much easier, as I had left my wallet with the credit cards in the car and I did't want to ask the valet to bring my vehicle yet!

In short, I had a great experience of excellent dishes and quiet necessary time in the crazy Buenos Aires.

• Visited May 2012

• Polish first
Sydney, Australia
“Wonderful inventive food, fine wine, friendly attentive service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2012

We had hear such rave reviews for this restaurant that we decided we had to eat here on our recent trip to Argentine. We enjoyed the experience so much that we booked for a second visit on our way out.
We chose the classic degustation menu as I particularly enjoy rabbit and I was interested in this dish which included liver and kidneys. We were not disappointed, every course worked perfectly and the accompanying wines were also exceptional.
The waiters were friendly and attentive which added to the experience, although we have no Spanish this was never a problem. I could not fault this restaurant we enjoyed one of the most pleasurable dining experiences we have had in a long time.

• Visited April 2012
Salvador, BA
“very good... a little expensive”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2012

It´s one of the more expensives restaurants in BAs, but the food and service is very good... If you´re really into gournet french food , worth the price.

Visited April 2012
Rochester NY
“Attention Americans that appreciate food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2012

If you are a person that appreciates amazing food, you will love it here. If apple bees is your idea of fine dining... Go somewher where else. while I don't really look at prices I can not say the food was a value. I can say it may have been one of my best meals. We were skeptical going in from the madero hotel recommendation. It was a quiet night in the restaurant and they were out of a couple fish dishes. The shrimp ceviche arrived first beautifully presented and complimenting our champagne. I ordered a salmon salad...smoked which I love...the menu did not specify and I'm not a fan of grilled. Followed by chattoubrioun...amazing! I think the menu lost something in the Spanish to English translation but I was more than pleasantly suprised. The chocolate dessert had a spoon made of chocolate. I hope to post pic as it was all so amazing!!!

1 Thank java23
Newberg, OR
“Good way to spend the evening”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2011

We did the grand tasting and it was very good. We also accompanied the meal with a wine pairing...who wouldn't? The food was excellent, some better than others as far as the 7 course meal, but of course that is all based on personal pallet. We are not sweet wine drinkers so we did not find the pairing all that great and we ended up refusing anymore whites preferring for the reds and they accommodated our request. Great ambience and a great location.

1 Thank ShayN